Twitter: Cowboys fined for OTA violation

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Me, I'm tired of us cheating and still losing. Granted, it's a minor difference in positions but, a very important one, I think.........

;)
Crappy cheating. The worst cheating of all!

CowboyMort

Reaction score
8 Games would be better but I’ll take 6 games. Would save about $6M on the cap. Might trigger a contract clause voiding the whole contract.

Throw in a suspension for Lawrence and Jaylon for kicks and grins :)

He'll appeal it and get 8 games. They will probably get Randy Gregory for the entire 2021 season too just to make sure they are consistent. :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
..sounds like Gordy is trying to make some extra $$$ to fund his Brokerage accnt. Thats not the Krispy Kreme IPO either.. ;)

You damn right it's not. That one is very well funded, for the duration.....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too many players showed up to participate making the NFLPA leaders looks bad, as the players wanted to improve as a team. And stand United against being lazy as the NFLPA wanted them to boycott off season work.

So they whined to the NFL. They are making us look bad, do something to them.
So Goodell said well ok to make you stop whining. Here it is.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
and they didnt say for what but WFT got 10MIL that MILLION for many much worse violations..

nothing to see here must have worked players too hard.. Roger Badell has spoken,,ughh

I don't think this is really a Goodell decision. The terms of the OTAs are outlined in the CBA so I guess if you break them this is what happens. Silly, but I don't think it's like Roger was looking for something to do. The league probably has reps at every OTA practice making sure teams are in compliance.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't think this is really a Goodell decision. The terms of the OTAs are outlined in the CBA so I guess if you break them this is what happens. Silly, but I don't think it's like Roger was looking for something to do. The league probably has reps at every OTA practice making sure teams are in compliance.
That was my thought as well, and must be an extensive interview and psychological exam to make sure that there is no regional bias.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Too many players showed up to participate making the NFLPA leaders looks bad, as the players wanted to improve as a team. And stand United against being lazy as the NFLPA wanted them to boycott off season work.

So they whined to the NFL. They are making us look bad, do something to them.
So Goodell said well ok to make you stop whining. Here it is.
That was my first thought too that too many players didn’t “boycott” practice.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That was my thought as well, and must be an extensive interview and psychological exam to make sure that there is no regional bias.

I don't know if they go that far. I would imagine they record about an hour of a practice and then leave. lol. Footage is probably sent to the league offices. The odds owners willing to take fines of $100K based on what someone said they saw are pretty slim, IMO.

MikeB80

Reaction score
This will setup a ton of generic jokes by the blogging idiots and the know nothing cowboy experts on twitter. Every missed tackle, touchdown given up, pass completed etc......"And this team was fined for too much contact in the OTA's"

bank on it.