RELEASED Cowboys fire Paul Alexander **merged**

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I just wonder how long it will take to undo six months worth of damage that Alexander's changes have done?

I think outside of Williams the rest are vet players who spent more time in the zone blocking scheme and have close relationship with Colombo. So just hope they can make this readjustment pretty quick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think outside of Williams the rest are vet players who spent more time in the zone blocking scheme and have close relationship with Colombo. So just hope they can make this readjustment pretty quick.

I hope so too, but it looks like it's messed up Collins pretty badly. He was just settling in at right tackle after flipping his entire technique and along comes this guy. It's really set him back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope so too, but it looks like it's messed up Collins pretty badly. He was just settling in at right tackle after flipping his entire technique and along comes this guy. It's really set him back.

we are about to find out. I would also add I think it is a big benefit to Zeke who up until this season has run the ball behind zone blocking dating back to his days at Ohio State

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
What makes him a good coach or a terrible fit?

Bengals line improved after he left and the cowboys regressed since he joined.

He also gave us Nate livings and he sucked too.

Alexander is a good coach, but a terrible fit for this team. The other two coaches can’t coach and don’t fit.

links18

Reaction score
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

People seem to forget how bad the OL was under Houck at the end of his tenure and how fans wanted to drive him out of town.

But of course they celebrated the exit of Sean Payton too.

And they couldnt wait to get rid of Zimmer.

jrumann59

Reaction score
So who's giving input on Columbo an

I think Jerry's fingerprints are all over Colombo, he has been carried over by 3 OL coaches. I think JG and SJ wanted a "proven" coach and Jerry made sure Colombo was there as an "assistant".

CCBoy

Reaction score
Colombo spent the bulk of his 11-year playing career with the Cowboys, but also played for the Bears, who drafted him 29th overall in 2002, and with the Dolphins, with whom he spent his final season in 2011.

After retiring as a Cowboy in 2012, Colombo returned to the franchise in 2014 in the personnel department; he joined the coaching staff a year later. He was named assistant offensive line coach in 2016.

The Cowboys have also re-hired 75-year-old longtime O-line coach Hudson Houck to serve as an adviser. Houck retired in 2011 after nearly 40 years as a line coach with two colleges and five NFL teams, including two stints with the Cowboys.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cowboy...alexander-promote-marc-colombo-193359484.html

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I wish someone at the press conference would ask, "If this guy was such a terrible fit, why did you decide to hire him in the first place? How did you miss so badly in the interview process?"

Zman5

Reaction score
I wish someone at the press conference would ask, "If this guy was such a terrible fit, why did you decide to hire him in the first place? How did you miss so badly in the interview process?"

According to Broaddus, JG's brother John recommended him. John Garrett worked with Alexander in Cincy. Another failure by JG.

CCBoy

Reaction score
we are about to find out. I would also add I think it is a big benefit to Zeke who up until this season has run the ball behind zone blocking dating back to his days at Ohio State

I guess he will become an even smarter runner. That part can't hurt.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That is way too intellectual for the media in Dallas.

They are far too swept up in the soap opera dialogue that seems to be this franchise's way of doing things.

And no offense, nobody in the media is willing to ask this kind of tough question.

"HOW'S IT GOIN' GUYS??" and free donuts? Man, cannot ask for more.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
According to Broaddus, JG's brother John recommended him. John Garrett worked with Alexander in Cincy. Another failure by JG.
My God.

It all makes sense now.

His idiot brother recommended him.

The Garrett family has been successful in that they have stuck around in the NFL for a long time.

But have you ever really looked at the fact that none of them, not Jim, Jason, John, Judd, John Boy, Jugghead or whomever has ever had success in the league?

Real success?

The family has been resilient in being able to stick around. That seems to be their best trait. Bless 'em. They might not be winners, but they are sure survivors.

Good for them, but it seems to be wasting a lot of other people's time and resources.

Last edited: