RELEASED Cowboys fire Paul Alexander **merged**

Little Jr

Reaction score
Did I say “at least we’re not the Browns” or imply that I’m okay with the team being average?

Or is this another emotional response from someone trying to put words into my mouth? Hmm.
Multiple times you have implied you are ok with being avg. Lol when you bring up 4 seasons out of 22 to make a point, its implying you're ok with it. As far as the Browns, when you have to use them as what horrible is when trying to defend the past 22 years , its sad that you even have to put them into the conversation. But yes we are better than the Browns. Yeaaaaa.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I thought this was the NFL we were talking about where success is measured with playoff wins and not participation or COY trophies.

My bad;)

Last time I checked.......................1 wildcard win, 8 years on the job..............I dont really care about field trips and ice cream parties;)
His overall record is above .500 last time I checked.

If you think he’s a “failure” for that, well, okay. That means that half the coaches in this league are also “failures”, but don’t let reality sink in or anything.

pitt33

Reaction score
We've identified that our issue is the offense and we're refusing to tank the season. Let's hope the recent shakeups at WR and OL pay off.
Well they sacrificed next years 1st rounder.

So there’s that...

HungryLion

Reaction score

If you think he’s a “failure” for that, well, okay. That means that half the coaches in this league are also “failures”, but don’t let reality sink in or anything.

There is only one coach in the league who has been coaching as long as Garret and doesn’t have at least a conference championship game appearance. That is Marvin Lewis.

Also, check out the current coaches who have been coaching as long as or longer than Garrer. I would be willing to bet they all have overall records as good or better than Garret’s, they make the playoffs more
Often than Garret does and have made it further in the playoffs than garret.

Truth is, Dallas and Cincinnati are the only two franchises in the league, that put up
With Garret’s mediocre level of production, for as long as he has been coach.

Any other franchise in the league, would have booted
Him by now.

Nav22

Reaction score
Multiple times you have implied you are ok with being avg. Lol when you bring up 4 seasons out of 22 to make a point, its implying you're ok with it. As far as the Browns, when you have to use them as what horrible is when trying to defend the past 22 years , its sad that you even have to put them into the conversation. But yes we are better than the Browns. Yeaaaaa.
LOL I didn’t imply squat. You’re being emotional again. Hopefully your significant other is more rational than you are.

The point I made is that it’s an exaggeration to call someone a “failure” when they’re actually more like “average”. That’s it.

For the record, I’d be perfectly fine with Garrett getting canned.

Nav22

Reaction score
There is only one coach in the league who has been coaching as long as Garret and doesn’t have at least a conference championship game appearance. That is Marvin Lewis.

Also, check out the current coaches who have been coaching as long as or longer than Garrer. I would be willing to bet they all have overall records as good or better than Garret’s, they make the playoffs more
Often than Garret does and have made it further in the playoffs than garret.

Truth is, Dallas and Cincinnati are the only two franchises in the league, that put up
With Garret’s mediocre level of production, for as long as he has been coach.

Any other franchise in the league, would have booted
Him by now.
Fine. Then say he’s average or mediocre. And fire him for that.

FAILURE is the Cleveland Browns. Or the other dozen teams that have a much worse record than the Cowboys do in Garrett’s tenure.

To say that Garrett has been a FAILURE for 8 years is stupid and unnecessarily inaccurate.

I know, I know... this is the internet. Honesty, integrity and reality should be checked at the door. Bold statements and click-bait, that’s where it’s at!!!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Fine. Then say he’s average or mediocre. And fire him for that.

FAILURE is the Cleveland Browns. Or the other dozen teams that have a much worse record than the Cowboys do in Garrett’s tenure.

To say that Garrett has been a FAILURE for 8 years is stupid and unnecessarily inaccurate.

I know, I know... this is the internet. Honesty, integrity and reality should be checked at the door. Bold statements and click-bait, that’s where it’s at!!!

That’s where you’re wrong. They are both failures.

If you’re taking a class, and a passing grade is 70%. Then scoring a 65% is a failure just like scoring a 40% is.

Garret is a failure as a head coach. There is nothing dishonest, or irrational in saying that. His job is to win games and he doesn’t do it at a high enough rate, to justify still being a head coach, based on the expectations set by most of the league.

The only reason he is still a head coach is because Jerry likes him personally and wants him to succeed. Every other team except Cincy would have fired him by now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If you think that's "success", it says a lot about you and your standards too.

Drop yours as low as you want, just don't expect anyone else to do it. Or try to call them out when they don't.

"But don't let that reality sink in or anything".

pansophy

Reaction score
I never liked Houck, he is a has been , it was Callahan who introduced the zone blocking scheme and made our OL a force, Marc is good competetor but dont know how will he coach ,
I don't know why we let Pollack leave.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think he paid the price for the Chaz Green debacle. Green was Pollack's guy.

Garrer has been firing and hiring assistants since he got with the cowboys. Scapegoating everyone possible.

Everybody but the HC and owners face accountability on the team and it’s sickening.

Nav22

Reaction score
If you think that's "success", it says a lot about you and your standards too.

Drop yours as low as you want, just don't expect anyone else to do it. Or try to call them out when they don't.

"But don't let that reality sink in or anything".
Another emotional crybaby who can’t read something without leaping to conclusions that are off-base. LOL!

Did you miss the part where I said I’d be fine with Garrett being canned, child?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another emotional crybaby who can’t read something without leaping to conclusions that are off-base. LOL!

Did you miss the part where I said I’d be fine with Garrett being canned, child?

I must have, among your silly scolding attempts followed by backtracking. With your backpedal, you should be a cornerback.

And it's pretty ironic that you're namecalling with "crybaby" comments and then being clueless enough to call anybody else a "child". Kudos on your amazing lack of self awareness.

Nav22

Reaction score
I must have, among your silly scolding attempts followed by backtracking. With your backpedal, you should be a cornerback.

And it's pretty ironic that you're namecalling with "crybaby" comments and then being clueless enough to call anybody else a "child". Kudos on your amazing lack of self awareness.
When my 6-year-old nephew gets disciplined, he thinks it’s because my sister “hates him.”

When I say Garrett has been an average/mediocre coach but not a “failure for 8 years”, you think that means that I believe he’s been successful and has done a great job.

LOLLLLLLL

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When my 6-year-old nephew gets disciplined, he thinks it’s because my sister “hates him.”

When I say Garrett has been an average/mediocre coach but not a “failure for 8 years”, you think that means that I believe he’s been successful and has done a great job.

LOLLLLLLL

You go ahead and tell everybody how much disappointment is "just right" Goldilocks.

It's hilarious.
:laugh:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Garrer has been firing and hiring assistants since he got with the cowboys. Scapegoating everyone possible.

Everybody but the HC and owners face accountability on the team and it’s sickening.
yes someone else always takes the blame, but when they are first hired JG says they are great.

The news I would like to see is JG fired/ retired, and kris richards is new HC and will hire his own staff next season.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I am so fine with the Alexander firing.

Next..Sanjay

And lastly Keller Moore.

While we take out the trash..add him please.

Garrett's firing.

Comments?

I had higher hopes from Sanjay with all the hype , nothing realized , but also could be fact that you cant turn trash to diamonds. (Our WR crop)
Kellen on the other hand must have some compromiseing info on JG or Jones , why was he on the team or why is he a coach , LOL
Garrett was never a coach who had proved anything , he just got handed the reins based on the fact he could work with Jones