RELEASED Cowboys fire Paul Alexander **merged**

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
There is only one coach in the league who has been coaching as long as Garret and doesn’t have at least a conference championship game appearance. That is Marvin Lewis.

Also, check out the current coaches who have been coaching as long as or longer than Garrer. I would be willing to bet they all have overall records as good or better than Garret’s, they make the playoffs more
Often than Garret does and have made it further in the playoffs than garret.

Truth is, Dallas and Cincinnati are the only two franchises in the league, that put up
With Garret’s mediocre level of production, for as long as he has been coach.

Any other franchise in the league, would have booted
Him by now.

And what a coincidence it is that both teams' owners are the GMs at the same time.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
need to fire moore and bring a real coach who knows how to coach qbs on how to read a defense and make the right throws.

Posts like this piss me off. Just goes to show you don't watch any tape...WRs are running wide open all over the place. We just have a QB that has his head up his ***...and doesn't see the field.:mad:

Yet...this is a Kellen Moore problem. How about bench this turd and give another guy a shot before you condem Kellen???:popcorn:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
In other words, if Alexander and Moore were endorsed and hired by Garrett and not a case of Jerry foisting them upon Garrett, this should be yet another reason why his *** needs to be fired if the team fails to make the playoffs again.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Include Linehan on that list as well. Because he was hired by Garrett. Garrett's hires have sucked. Goes to show how toxic Garrett is to his organization on all levels of play.

jnday

Reaction score
I am so fine with the Alexander firing.

He took our best part of our team and nearly destroyed it.

Did any of us like this hiring?

No.

Just Paul and his wife to get out of those Ohio winters.

Now..

Next..Sanjay

He has showed me nothing since coming here.

And do we really want him teaching our newest toy, Amari Cooper, how to be a better WR?

No?

I thought not.

And lastly Keller Moore.

While we take out the trash..add him please.

These guys have no business on this staff and are only hastening the enviable..

Garrett's firing.

Wait..

that's not a bad thing.

So let's hear it..

Comments?
Alexander is a good coach, but a terrible fit for this team. The other two coaches can’t coach and don’t fit.

Carter

Reaction score
Now the Offense will score 10 more each game cause we promoted the Assistant to Head. Typical Cowboys thinking.

So the Assistant wasnt responsible for the trashy O-Line Play? He didnt work with the same dudes?

Im all for throwing this Coaching Staff away but it Needs to start with the HC. Let a new HC bring his Coaches with him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Fine. Then say he’s average or mediocre. And fire him for that.

FAILURE is the Cleveland Browns. Or the other dozen teams that have a much worse record than the Cowboys do in Garrett’s tenure.

To say that Garrett has been a FAILURE for 8 years is stupid and unnecessarily inaccurate.

I know, I know... this is the internet. Honesty, integrity and reality should be checked at the door. Bold statements and click-bait, that’s where it’s at!!!
I see what your saying, lol.
So JG is a average coach avg record, but he has failed to deliver many playoff appearances , or get to nfc champ game, so
is a failure.

My take is that many coaches are failures, but as you point out some are worse than JG.

It was linehan or marinelli who went 0-16 as HC and were fired, so thats about as bad as it gets.

Shottihiemer was fired by KC way back when, and he won div,and was in playoffs every year, always 11 or more wins,
but he kept losing the afc champ game so he was fired.
after that they still didnt win that game, and quickly faded away into a cellar team for many years.
he was considered a failure at the time.

waving monkey

Reaction score
In other words, if Alexander and Moore were endorsed and hired by Garrett and not a case of Jerry foisting them upon Garrett, this should be yet another reason why his *** needs to be fired if the team fails to make the playoffs again.

Well said. Include Linehan on that list as well. Because he was hired by Garrett. Garrett's hires have sucked. Goes to show how toxic Garrett is to his organization on all levels of play.[/QUOTE]
all hires were approved by `Garrett

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Why do people say things like this that are so untrue?

You could legitimately criticize Jones and Garrett for many things. Or you could, you know, make ridiculous exaggerations and lose credibility in the process.

Was Garrett a “failed head coach” in 2016 when he went 13-3 with a 4th-round rookie QB? How about in 2014? Or when he was named NFL Coach of the year?

Was Jones running a “failed front office” during those years? Or in 2009? Or 2007? Or when he hired Parcells? Or when he was named NFL Executive of the Year?
anomalies deviate from the norm. they don't create new standards. Garrett will leave the path from time to time but he always gravitates back to the center.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander was horrible, but then again when the defense knows what's coming it's not easy. Next guy out the door is Linehan.

Dre11

Reaction score
The same OC that probably had input on the WR coach, the QB coach, and the receivers that were signed and cut...

So who's giving input on Columbo an
Even with less talent. His run plays are so much better also. Ours suck.

Do you people even watch football? Callahan has been a failure in Washington since he's been there except the first half of this season. The Commanders run game has been dead last since he's been there. Peterson is the only reason they're having success now, they put any other back in there and they suck. ...lol

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
O line Coach Paul Alexander worked out just about as well here as O line Coach Frank Verducci did back in 2002. Is it coincidental that both ran the same scheme, both came from Cincinnati, and both had no success here? Hmmmmm.......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Now the Offense will score 10 more each game cause we promoted the Assistant to Head. Typical Cowboys thinking.

So the Assistant wasnt responsible for the trashy O-Line Play? He didnt work with the same dudes?

Im all for throwing this Coaching Staff away but it Needs to start with the HC. Let a new HC bring his Coaches with him.

Colombo will be getting this unit back to the zone blocking scheme they used under Pollock and Callahan which Colombo was part of. Alexander power gap scheme is what he brought to Dallas and has not worked for this OL. So will the line play change due to the blocking scheme? I hope so and if it does then yes it should make a difference both in the run blocking and pass protection.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
O line Coach Paul Alexander worked out just about as well here as O line Coach Frank Verducci did back in 2002. Is it coincidental that both ran the same scheme, both came from Cincinnati, and both had no success here? Hmmmmm.......

We just have to go back to the well in the offseason and see what else the Bengals have that could help this team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Colombo will be getting this unit back to the zone blocking scheme they used under Pollock and Callahan which Colombo was part of. Alexander power gap scheme is what he brought to Dallas and has not worked for this OL. So will the line play change due to the blocking scheme? I hope so and if it does then yes it should make a difference both in the run blocking and pass protection.

I just wonder how long it will take to undo six months worth of damage that Alexander's changes have done?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We just have to go back to the well in the offseason and see what else the Bengals have that could help this team.

:lmao:

I'd love to know what Frank Pollack is thinking right now.

It's likely his buddy Broaddus will let us all know on Talkin Cowboys when they talk about Alexander's firing.