Twitter: Cowboys first defense to lead the league in turnovers in consecutive years

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I guess none technically, Special teams gets credit for the forced fumble in the redzone, but regardless defense was lights out that game.
Lights out? Lol I know people these days are changing definitions of words to fit their narrative, but against a nobody QB I wouldn't call that playing lights out. Bucs defense in their win in the SB against the Raiders, Ravens against the Giants, now they played lights out.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Haters and talking heads just don’t understand how good our defense really is. Most think Parsons is the reason why the defense is even average. Hope they continue to think that way while Williams, Clark, Tank, Armstrong continue to take heads.

gtb1943

Reaction score
A defense becomes great when it does great things. Turnovers are NICE but this D is not stopping teams when the game is on the line or shutting out teams with top O's which is how a great defense is defined.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Haters and talking heads just don’t understand how good our defense really is. Most think Parsons is the reason why the defense is even average. Hope they continue to think that way while Williams, Clark, Tank, Armstrong continue to take heads.
Why though? Do yall really think coaches and players listen to these doorknobs in TV and go.. "durr we only have to worry about Parsons cause the guy on TV said so"

Fans are really wild. Players and coaches aren't stupid. But no one is going to game plan to stop any of the other guys when Parsons has the ability to single handlely blow a play up no matter where he is on the field. The bottom line is, that Parsons and Diggs are absolute game changers and you have to focus your game plan on stopping them and hoping the rest of the guys don't step up. The other guys have there opportunities because of the threat Parsons gives. Not because the knobheads on TV only talk about Parsons

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Why though? Do yall really think coaches and players listen to these doorknobs in TV and go.. "durr we only have to worry about Parsons cause the guy on TV said so"

Fans are really wild. Players and coaches aren't stupid. But no one is going to game plan to stop any of the other guys when Parsons has the ability to single handlely blow a play up no matter where he is on the field. The bottom line is, that Parsons and Diggs are absolute game changers and you have to focus your game plan on stopping them and hoping the rest of the guys don't step up. The other guys have there opportunities because of the threat Parsons gives. Not because the knobheads on TV only talk about Parsons
Good points but I am sick of crap like the Eagles defense is going to be great because of the 4 Georgia guys they drafted in the last two seasons. None of them did anything in the pros but the Eagles defense will still be great with unknown safeties and linebackers.

khiladi

Reaction score
Imagine if we had a QB that could capitalize regularly off the TOs and not just against bad teams….

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Good points but I am sick of crap like the Eagles defense is going to be great because of the 4 Georgia guys they drafted in the last two seasons. None of them did anything in the pros but the Eagles defense will still be great with unknown safeties and linebackers.
The eagles won the division and went to a superbowl.

And there defense was a part of that. You want respect, the team needs to go out there and earn it by winning more in the playoffs

Rayman70

Reaction score
we haven't seen this years version yet. Lets hold off on the anointing oil.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Lights out? Lol I know people these days are changing definitions of words to fit their narrative, but against a nobody QB I wouldn't call that playing lights out. Bucs defense in their win in the SB against the Raiders, Ravens against the Giants, now they played lights out.
with the offense giving up two ints and goin 30% on 3rd down what else could they do? Not like the 49ers were some scrub offensive team, they had 9 points coming into the half, one TD given up. Sure its not the most dominant defensive performance in history, but it was way more than enough to win

Proof

Reaction score
they bullied the bullies for a large portion of the game. wheels fell off after the miracle circus catch unfortunately.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I remember the time before Dan Quinn when we couldn't even buy turnovers. It was sad.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
th
That's not the reason. We started getting turnovers in 2020 when diggs and Donovan started playing.