CFZ Cowboys First Team All Pros since 2000

1942willys

Reaction score
In the end it comes down to the Jones boys
the reason why no Lombardi's in almost thirty years

the narcissistic need for credit of doing it all prevents it happening
Jerry even admitted any other owner would have fired him long ago; and that tells you all you need to know

1942willys

Reaction score
IT does hurt to see all those careers wasted; and that is just the All Pros
Look at all the other great guys and players like Dat and the Hotel and Colombo and Romo and on and on.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not too sure Jerry supports Stephen and his stubborn intentions to add to Dak's millions for the next 3 years!
I'd like to see him oppose it. :omg: Dak is earning an example of a foolish allowance of a contract as it is. :huh:

Last edited:

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This century, we’ve had Dave Campo, Parcells, Wade Phillips, Garrett and now Mike McCarthy. Parcells was a HOF coach who was tired and at the end of his career. And in the end, JJ did not let him run the team the way he wanted (putting T.O. on the roster against his wishes)
In Jerry's defense, that combo of Romo to TO was a thing of beauty!! They scored many a TD!! But, overall, I agree with your sentiment.

Cmac

Reaction score
In Jerry's defense, that combo of Romo to TO was a thing of beauty!! They scored many a TD!! But, overall, I agree with your sentiment.
.....but he cut TO at the dinner table. Why?

plasticman

Reaction score
Heh, heh, think about the fantasy of having them all play together on the same team in their prime, say 25 to 27 years old.

For starters (pun intended), my DE's are Demarcus Ware and Micah Parsons. I got Ratliff in the middle of the D-0line. My MLB is Sean Lee. One of my safeties is Roy Williams, my CB's are Diggs and Bland, off course.

My three receiver set features TO, Lamb, and Bryant.

My running game is the 1-2 punch of DeMarco Murray and Zeke in his prime.

My TE is the 2007-2012 version of Jason Witten. They are running behind a line of Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, Travis Frederick, Larry Allen and who cares?

In the rare event they actually have to kick a field goal there is Aubrey.

Would it even matter who the QB was?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Sorry but IMHO that is a pretty pathetic list of "future hall of famers" and "past all pros". Larry is a god. The rest do not belong.

Zack and Tyron are supposed to be these sure fire hall of famers but how is it that we have both and our O line is never any good.

Witten was good but not as impactful as people make him out to be.

Ware was good but never stepped up when needed.

The rest of the guys on that list were a flash in the pan when it comes to production in Dallas. jay rat face good lord that guy was a toxic piece of garbage. The D Flaw of his time.

I am over the whole "we have so much talent thing". If these guys played for the texans no one would know who the are.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Heh, heh, think about the fantasy of having them all play together on the same team in their prime, say 25 to 27 years old.

For starters (pun intended), my DE's are Demarcus Ware and Micah Parsons. I got Ratliff in the middle of the D-0line. My MLB is Sean Lee. One of my safeties is Roy Williams, my CB's are Diggs and Bland, off course.

My three receiver set features TO, Lamb, and Bryant.

My running game is the 1-2 punch of DeMarco Murray and Zeke in his prime.

My TE is the 2007-2012 version of Jason Witten. They are running behind a line of Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, Travis Frederick, Larry Allen and who cares?

In the rare event they actually have to kick a field goal there is Aubrey.

Would it even matter who the QB was?
Now that's one heck of a fantasy team!! :thumbup:

Tussinman

Reaction score
Btw, how about Zack Martin and his 7 first team All Pro selections which ties him with the great Bob Lily for the most first team All Pro seasons in Cowboys history.
If you want to be super technical, he has 9 first team all-pros since Canton recognizes 1st team for AP, PWFA, and TSN (2015 and 2017 he made 2nd team for AP but made 1st team for both TSN and PWFA). Same thing with Tyron, he had 2 years where he made 1st team for TSN/PWFA but 2nd for AP.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Thinking back on the last 24 seasons so far this century, the Cowboys have had several Hall of Famers and an amazing number of first team All Pros playing for them. It is flat out mind boggling with the players we’ve had that we haven’t been able to get past the divisional playoff round in 30 seasons. The Cowboys have had 18 players this century make first team All Pro and 3 more make All Decade teams.

By the way, being All Pro First Team is being chosen as the best of the best in the entire league. Not Pro Bowl. All Pro. Here is the amazing list of FIRST TEAM All Pros and HOFers in Big D since 2000:

PLAYERS WHO WERE FIRST TEAM ALL PRO SINCE 2000
  • Larry Allen G- (also HOFer) 2000, 2001 (Was on SB 30 team but was in ’95 season, and was a 4 time All Pro in 90s)
  • DeMarcus Ware DE- (also HOFer) 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
  • Jason Witten TE (future HOFer) 2007, 2010
  • Zack Martin - G-(future HOFer) 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
  • Tyron Smith - LT (future HOFer) 2014, 2016
  • Micah Parsons LB- 2021, 2022
  • Roy Williams S- 2003
  • Terrell Owens WR- (HOFer) 2007
  • Jay Ratliff DL- 2009
  • Dez Bryant WR- 2014
  • Demarco Murray RB - 2014
  • Travis Frederick C- 2016
  • Sean Lee LB- 2016
  • Ezekiel Elliott RB- 2016
  • Trevon Diggs DB- 2021
  • Cedee Lamb WR- 2023
  • Deron Bland DB- 2023
  • Brandon Aubrey K- 2023
That‘s 18 players who were selected First Team All Pro since 2000. That includes 3 current HOFers and at least 3 more who will be in at some point in the future. Btw, how about Zack Martin and his 7 first team All Pro selections which ties him with the great Bob Lily for the most first team All Pro seasons in Cowboys history.

With all these great players and careers, it still blows my mind that (other than Larry Allen and DeMarcus Ware) none of these players won anything more than a WC game. Some of these guys who are still active have a chance to go beyond that.

Let’s not waste the talent of any more great players.
Well, it takes time to make a quality omelet and the Jones boys have been preparing something special this year as they are "all in". In this instance, "all in" means business as usual.

Now, until we break our 28 year no deep playoff run losing streak, it's your obligation and every other Cowboys fan to buy game tickets, SWAG, and anything with the Jones star on it. He has paternity lawsuits and yachts to payoff so did deep.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Consider the 10 years of wasted time with Garrett. And the very lean times after the triplets were gone. Fans had to know there would be some lean times to replace them.

Enter the Campo years, the Parcels, who to me was as just as bad for the team as he was good. Look at the QB's he brought in, instead of drafting one. Before he finally went with Romo that is. Many years wasted.
I don’t agree with the assessment these All Pro and HOF careers were wasted.

They had great careers. So many great players and HOFamers don’t ever win a championship.

I’d argue the narrative should be that these great players did all they could to help the franchise win. Great careers are never a waste.

And while winning championships is a great team accomplishment , induction into the HOF is the ultimate career achievement.

As a matter of fact I’d argue making the HOF takes even greater individual performances not being on a championship caliber team.

Big_D

Reaction score
All pro and HOF are individual accomplishments in a team game. They’re good for the player but fans tend to put way too much stock in these things without winning anything. That list just tells you this front office dropped the ball when it came to building around that. And no doubt, they wasted a few careers in the process over the past 30 seasons.