Cowboys get a 5th and 6th round comp pick

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I will gladly take 2 more picks in this stacked draft class, those extra comps are more valuable than some are giving them credit for, in this draft especially.
In Dallas' case, yep, they have more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese, they need all the draft picks they can get.

jujoboys

Reaction score
All In. Those 5th and 6th round picks should give us the ammunition we need to go get the next Bradlee Anae, Simi Fehoko, Quinton Bohanna, Michael Jackson, or Joe Jackson. Who needs free agency when you can acquire studs like that.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Why do the 49ers always get so many comp picks.
DeMeco Ryans and Ran Carthon were part of it.

They had minority coaches get promoted to qualifying roles.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
All In. Those 5th and 6th round picks should give us the ammunition we need to go get the next Bradlee Anae, Simi Fehoko, Quinton Bohanna, Michael Jackson, or Joe Jackson. Who needs free agency when you can acquire studs like that.
:thumbup:

fivetwos

Reaction score
And there is the largest problem….probably even more than Jerrys mouth or the undermining.

They operate as if those types are going to all turn into studs.

NO team pulls that off, let alone them, but they don’t get that.

The “drafting well” narrative is something they have apparently successfully talked into existence.

rambo2

Reaction score
Oh that's what you get out of it. My, you are so smart.

jujoboys

Reaction score
And there is the largest problem….probably even more than Jerrys mouth or the undermining.

They operate as if those types are going to all turn into studs.

NO team pulls that off, let alone them, but they don’t get that.

The “drafting well” narrative is something they have apparently successfully talked into existence.
I don't understand the philosophy. Yes, they did good drafting players like Lamb, Parsons, Diggs, etc and those players should be retained and paid. However, the majority of draft picks don't work out and that goes for all teams. I just don't understand why we can't get that for sure stud in free agency every once in a while to supplement what we do in the draft. We stink at drafting DTs. Why not just splurge and grab one in free agency instead of constantly throwing draft picks at a position we apparently don't know how to draft. I'm not saying that we should splurge every year but when you think you are close and you use phrases like "all in" then start backing it up with action.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Michael Jackson is the starting left corner for the seahawks.
Plenty of teams have crappy starters. The guy has 1 int in 4 years. It's not like he is a part of the legion of boom. That being said, at least one of those guys turned out OK. We did get Donavan Wilson in the 6th. My point is that I am tired of our team relying solely on the draft and low cost free agents to try and get over the hump. We need to be more aggressive in free agency. When you keep winning 12 games every year the draft becomes a lot more difficult because of drafter later.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just missed out on getting a comp pick for Noah Brown.

One wasn't expected but I was hopeful for a surprise.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't understand the philosophy. Yes, they did good drafting players like Lamb, Parsons, Diggs, etc and those players should be retained and paid. However, the majority of draft picks don't work out and that goes for all teams. I just don't understand why we can't get that for sure stud in free agency every once in a while to supplement what we do in the draft. We stink at drafting DTs. Why not just splurge and grab one in free agency instead of constantly throwing draft picks at a position we apparently don't know how to draft. I'm not saying that we should splurge every year but when you think you are close and you use phrases like "all in" then start backing it up with action.
Well, you are bringing both conversations into the same sentence which can get convoluted rather quickly.
Drafting well and accommodating with a few decent FA adds can go a very long way if you're feeling a little frisky and want to go all in.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Because Stephen likes mid round rookie contracts more than free agent ones.

Makes sense, but one is a much more sure thing than the other and there needs to be a balance.

I can’t even believe they have gotten away with not signing a major FA in a decade and a half.

Yeah sure, they have had some wins against bad teams, but they are routinely short on personnel by the time it counts, and they refuse to recognize that or operate differently.

If they typically would passionately try and fail it would be one thing, but it’s maddening that they continue to use a philosophy that has been much more than proven to not work….and not only refuse to change, but arrogantly speak as if it’s some proven formula.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
This is the day this board goes gaga over every year, it's like winning the lottery to see how good we draft in later rounds to make up for the years of failure in the 2nd

Motorola

Reaction score

It's literally been clear-cut since Super Bowl LVIII concluded that would be what the Cowboys would receive in return for OL Conner McGovern and TE Schultz leaving Dallas, then performing well with the Dolphins and Texans respectively.