Cowboys get a 5th and 6th round comp pick

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the day this board goes gaga over every year, it's like winning the lottery to see how good we draft in later rounds to make up for the years of failure in the 2nd
Cap space and comp picks, beeyotch! ~Jones family gang signs~

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Why do the 49ers always get so many comp picks.
Because they’re not afraid to move on from their players. Jerry and Stephen like what they have.

Belicheck and and the Pats during their dynasty used to kill the compensation pick game

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, I don't believe we have a 4th rounder this year, correct?

So wouldn't it be prudent to maybe package a couple low round picks and try to get a fourth... I'd rather have more quality than quantity and picks this year.

I think they should move up in a lot of the rounds and just have four quality guys out of this draft this is that kind of win now and I know we don't like to use the word all in because it means different things for different people but I think in my opinion that's what he meant.

I think they're going to take a few more risks doesn't mean we're going to go get the most expensive top free agents, we will get some free agents maybe slightly better than last year but I think they'll move around in the draft.

so they should take these picks package them with some other low round picks and try to work their way up from the bottom of the other rounds five or six spots and also try to pick up a fourth round pick somewhere..

TheCritic

Reaction score
Once I saw what the 49ers got in compensatory picks....it more or less confirmed what I've felt all along this offseason. That is, for all of the understandable/likeable offseason moves by the Cowboys, it's just not enough to keep up with the NFC arms race. Still can't get over how other teams seem to know when it's time to start over. But not the Cowboys. We are going to go to the well one too many times and that season where everything falls apart is right around the corner. I'd rather get it over with and take the pain now and clean house.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once I saw what the 49ers got in compensatory picks....it more or less confirmed what I've felt all along this offseason. That is, for all of the understandable/likeable offseason moves by the Cowboys, it's just not enough to keep up with the NFC arms race. Still can't get over how other teams seem to know when it's time to start over. But not the Cowboys. We are going to go to the well one too many times and that season where everything falls apart is right around the corner. I'd rather get it over with and take the pain now and clean house.
49ers willing to let guys go. Cowboys would rather extend. Just different ways of doing business.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, I don't believe we have a 4th rounder this year, correct?

So wouldn't it be prudent to maybe package a couple low round picks and try to get a fourth... I'd rather have more quality than quantity and picks this year.

I think they should move up in a lot of the rounds and just have four quality guys out of this draft this is that kind of win now and I know we don't like to use the word all in because it means different things for different people but I think in my opinion that's what he meant.

I think they're going to take a few more risks doesn't mean we're going to go get the most expensive top free agents, we will get some free agents maybe slightly better than last year but I think they'll move around in the draft.

so they should take these picks package them with some other low round picks and try to work their way up from the bottom of the other rounds five or six spots and also try to pick up a fourth round pick somewhere..

That's not a bad idea. I think it would be good to try to move up for a 4th round from a few later round picks. However, if they do that, they need to be more active in FA (which they should do anyway) to try to fill in other voids.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
lol what in the world

It was an NFL rule about minorities coaches and SF was just following the rules that was set and that is how they are rewarded with a 3rd round comp pick. They did this more than any other team. Can’t be mad at them for following the rules set.

quickccc

Reaction score
Draft Notes: It's one thing to get/receive extra draft picks .... it's another matter in how you use the draft picks

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well.....if it makes you feel better.....In my mock...

5/173. Gabe Hall....DT Baylor......for Conner McGovern leaving

https://***********/uxL26

6/216. M.J. Devonshire CB Pittsburgh......for Dalton Schultz

pMuFYN

StuckMojo

Reaction score
You are right. A team gets Two 3rd draft picks when they have a minority assistant coach hired by another team as a head coach. They have lost Robert Saleh to the Jets and Demeco Ryans to the Texans for a total of Four 3rd round picks in the last few years.
Crazy rule

KeepinTime

Reaction score
That's not a bad idea. I think it would be good to try to move up for a 4th round from a few later round picks. However, if they do that, they need to be more active in FA (which they should do anyway) to try to fill in other voids.
With what money?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Can Dallas petition the league for comp picks for taking Mazi Smith Sam Williams Josh Ball ?

:huh: