Cowboys getting zero respect

jnday

Reaction score
this morning on GMF. The whole panel basically thinks they are losing this week. Saying pretty much same old Cowboys. Said they really didn't beat anyone this season. Until the Cowboys make a playoff run this will always be the narrative and it should. Here's to hoping they finally shut some people up because the truth does hurt.
I agree with them. Until the Cowboys prove otherwise, they are the same soft team that they always have been. They have done nothing at this point to prove the pundits wrong.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I disagree.. Goal post movers will never stop moving the goal post. If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl they will immediately explain it away because somebody got hurt, or somebody had an unexpected bad game or they got a lucky bounce and next year will prove it was a fluke. You can set your watch by it.

You can always find a reason to feel disrespected or offended by talking heads if you're constantly looking for it.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
this morning on GMF. The whole panel basically thinks they are losing this week. Saying pretty much same old Cowboys. Said they really didn't beat anyone this season. Until the Cowboys make a playoff run this will always be the narrative and it should. Here's to hoping they finally shut some people up because the truth does hurt.

What does it matter what these talking heads have to say, if the cowboys want to change the narrative, go out and smack down the Niners......Until the Cowboys prove things have changed, then they're going to continue to be questioned every year......28 years of the same ole same ole Cowboys, JUST GO OUT AND GET IT DONE!!

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I’ve been doing this for almost 15 years on these forums. I’m just here to point them out so you don’t waste time with them.

Sometimes fans and especially homers don’t recognize the difference between a troll and genuine critical thinking.

Trolls on Cowboy forums are always fairly easy to differentiate between a critical thinker. This guy I'm playing with in this thread is no critical thinker. I get what you're saying though.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You can always find a reason to feel disrespected or offended by talking heads if you're constantly looking for it.

In case of the Cowboys one does not have to look very hard.. These screaming idiot shows have made millions off the Cowboys name..

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
The cowboys have done nothing but go one-and-done ...

why would there be any expectation ?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Why is anyone surprised? The Cowboys haven't really made a name for beating good teams this season.
They haven't made a name beating any good teams in the last few years. Because of their easy schedule this year they were able to beat up on a steady diet of mediocre teams, when they faced playoff bound teams they played like a mediocre team.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Cowboys beat two play off teams, the Patriots (when they were finding their feet early in the season) and the Eagles (general state of them). So it's hardly surprising to be fair. 49ers faced the Rams, Cardinals and Seahawks in six games in their own division beating the Rams twice, the Eagles, the Bengals and losing by 3 points to the Titans and 2 points to the Packers - both #1 seeds.
I think we have a great chance of winning and see it as pretty much a 50/50 but I'm not surprised people are questioning the Cowboys given the respective schedules and we haven't exactly lit up the play offs in recent years sadly.

I agree, not saying the Cowboys can't win, just not surprising why no one would pick us to win. All three groups will need to play mistake free football. Offense will need to score TD's, Defense will need to generate turnovers and scores if possible and ST need to generate turnovers and steal possessions from the 49-ers.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Why would the cowboys be favorites ?

We have a lousy record in the post season for the last 25 years.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
It kind of is when that's the only win the Cardinals have in their last 5 games.
Once again after a steady diet of 3 and outs Prescot was able to get his when the Boys were down 22-7 going into the 4th qtr. The Cards let up a little and Prescot did what he does best made it CLOSE when it was all over except the crying.........BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoachD

Reaction score
Especially from their own fans just go see my post and you'll see exactly what I mean!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This season has pretty much been the same pattern we’ve seen with the Cowboys in previous seasons when they’ve had good teams. They’ll look impressive stringing wins together one right after another then suffer an embarrassment against a bad team. They proceed to start hitting bumps and gradually fade. The loss to the Cardinals caused some to doubt them and jump ship. They look like the same old Cowboys that are hard to figure out and trust.

I think their odds of winning on Sunday are no better than 50-50. I could see them winning comfortably but I could also see them losing by 2+ scores. You really never know what you’re going to get with the Cowboys from one week to the next. They haven’t been consistent the second half of the season and have a 3-4 record against playoff teams. They’ve struggled to beat good teams with good QBs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ha-Haaaaa, nope been a fan of the Boys since 71, however I'm a realist and I don't like our chances with Prescot leading this team. 4 of the 5 loses this year have come against playoff teams.
Ok. :facepalm:

Hope you show up once Dak leads this team to some playoff victories this season. :cool:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I actually think the media jumping on the Niners bandwagon can be a positive for the Cowboys. Sometimes the Cowboys can be one of those teams who plays better as an underdog than an overwhelming favorite. Hope that this is the case on Sunday.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
It kind of is when that's the only win the Cardinals have in their last 5 games.
That cardinals destroyed this 9ers team by two touchdowns last time they played. I swear our fans think every team is a juggernaut before we play them and then they are puppies immediately after.

Plankton

Reaction score
Respect isn't given, it's earned.

And, the Cowboys haven't exactly been stalwart on offense of late, and let a group of second stringers on the Eagles run the ball very effectively. The 49ers have one of the best run designed schemes in the league, and will be a real test for this defense's resilience against the run.

Couple this with the overall lack of playoff success the last quarter of a century, and the skepticism is very understandable.

That being said, games are won on the field and not in the media. If the Cowboys want their respect, all they have to do is go on the field and get it.