Cowboys getting zero respect

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what anyone says, if Dallas cannot prove it on the field, it will rollover to next year. The Cowboys need to change the narrative.

Amen.. Win games and the haters have less ammunition. However the notion that these idiots will ever shut up about the Cowboys is misguided at best. The Cowboys drive their ratings.. and the "One guy hates the Cowboys against one guy loves the Cowboys" formula has been ratings gold for these idiots for over a decade. It's not going anywhere.. win or lose.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Indeed we can. To me it's simple: national respect is earned by winning in the playoffs. Do that and outsiders will look at the team differently. They'll have no choice.
Win 'em all! But one has to win some respect first, to get to the playoffs...agreed, although. Top shelf bragging is involved. No one congratulates the 2nd place finisher in a top fight...

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Amen.. Win games and the haters have less ammunition. However the notion that these idiots will never shut up about the Cowboys is misguided at best. The Cowboys drive their ratings.. and the "One guy hates the Cowboys against one guy loves the Cowboys" formula has been ratings gold for these idiots for over a decade. It's not going anywhere.. win or lose.

True, but they will have less to say. SAS, has been quiet for most of the year.

Jipper

Reaction score
the only way this team is going to get any respect, is to come out swinging and be the more physical team....they do that, they win big and they earn the respect headed to TB next week....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Indeed we can. To me it's simple: national respect is earned by winning in the playoffs. Do that and outsiders will look at the team differently. They'll have no choice.

I disagree.. Goal post movers will never stop moving the goal post. If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl they will immediately explain it away because somebody got hurt, or somebody had an unexpected bad game or they got a lucky bounce and next year will prove it was a fluke. You can set your watch by it.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
its not a surprise.they look at how the niners physically dominated a good Rams dline and how we struggled against good Dlines ourselves and its easy to come a undercooked conclusion.

And that me friend is the “biggest” concern I have. Our Oline isn’t the Oline from a few years ago. Hasn’t been the same since Fred Beard and we definitely get bullied by good dlines.

For the sake of all holy heavens, please, please, please block this week!

quickccc

Reaction score
Good. Dak always plays better when he goes into “prove the haters wrong” mode.

In fact— this whole team plays better when they are the underdog and disrespected. Hope they come out pissing vinegar on Sunday afternoon bc it’s gonna be an old fashioned street brawl

lol ... Sounds like Rocky III ...with an old, washed up, against the odds Rocky.. being re-trained by Apollo Creed vs Mr. T.. (" I pity da fool" )

Paulie: " don't listen to it Rock " ...
Apollo: ... " No, do listen to it, Rock ..because everyone is gonna be owning you an apology when this is all over "

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The crazy thing is. Trolls try to get fans to leave the board by agreeing to a bet that the Cowboys will lose before a certain time. The Cowboy fans just need a SB win to get them to leave.
No, they’re trying to intimidate you that their narrative is right.

They don’t want you to leave or ignore or their trolling would fall on deaf ears.

Unfortunately homers fuel or feed them.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Do you know what would make me quit treating you like an 8 LB purse dog. If you make a thread just like this.

"I was wrong and am sorry for hating on your team so much"

Back in September I predicted the Cowboys would win 9 games and struggle to win games. I never in my wild dreams imagined they could win 12 and get the 3 seed. I can't believe how much this team has proven me wrong. I'm sorry to all the fans of this team who come here to enjoy victories. As I have spoiled all of them the best I could. Fact of the matter is, they have greatly exceeded my expectations and anyone who predicted this success I offer my sincere apologies to."

You even make a sincere post like that and I will quit calling you out in every thread. Until then...you better hope the Cowboys lose this week Sparky, because this is the last chance you get...and every win going forward for you...is gonna get worse and worse..my little yapper.
lol like I care what someone that freely admits to faking their belief in the Cowboys while insulting others honest opinions on the Cowboys thinks about anything.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Trolls are always focused on a player or team of “ never” or “ won’t “ win or reach the goals.

Their entire narrative revolves around them not winning it or achieving the goal.

And as long as they don’t their agenda or narrative is alive.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You don’t have to think or prove your team is going to win to believe they can.

No one knows for certain if there’s an afterlife but most believe it could be true.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No doubt reputation of any team is largely based on how you do in post season. Growing up with the Cowboys I can remember when they were called next years champs because they could get to post season but would lose. The lost to the Browns and the Packers and then the Colts before they got over the hump and took down Miami. Today things of course are different but how you do as a team in post season will change the narrative of how you are perceived as a team and as a player.

fansince68

Reaction score
If running the ball effectively and stopping the run are all that it takes to win, then Houston we might have a problem. However, there are other intangibles that are to be considered. It's true, we sucked against teams with 10 wins or more. But we weren't steam rolled in our losses. Each loss has an "intangible" that is in our power to change. Turnovers, penalties, poor special team play, and MOST important predictable play calling. Most on this forum can call or predict a boatload of our plays ala Tony Romo. KM needs to put more variety into his playcalling. Pollard needs to get more carries, zeke can be more of a 3rd down back. It's obvious, teams no longer fear Zeke .

Dallasfann

Reaction score
No, they’re trying to intimidate you that their narrative is right.

They don’t want you to leave or ignore or their trolling would fall on deaf ears.

Unfortunately homers fuel or feed them.

I admit, I might play with them more then I should. They are so easy sometimes though and it can be kind of fun toying with them..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I admit, I might play with them more then I should. They are so easy sometimes though and it can be kind of fun toying with them..
If we ignored they’d fall off the front page quickly. Mods have always advised not to feed them. Their existence depends on it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve been doing this for almost 15 years on these forums. I’m just here to point them out so you don’t waste time with them.

Sometimes fans and especially homers don’t recognize the difference between a troll and genuine critical thinking.

bigE79

Reaction score
this morning on GMF. The whole panel basically thinks they are losing this week. Saying pretty much same old Cowboys. Said they really didn't beat anyone this season. Until the Cowboys make a playoff run this will always be the narrative and it should. Here's to hoping they finally shut some people up because the truth does hurt.
Who cares,the game will be won or lost on the field..all the talking means absolutely nothing,both in the media or this board... weather the team wins or loses,the talking will have no bearing on it...get real people.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
this morning on GMF. The whole panel basically thinks they are losing this week. Saying pretty much same old Cowboys. Said they really didn't beat anyone this season. Until the Cowboys make a playoff run this will always be the narrative and it should. Here's to hoping they finally shut some people up because the truth does hurt.
I give GMF zero respect, that show is nauseating.