Cowboys/Giants Was Most Watched Regular Season Game Ever

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting it was up 49% over last year’s penalty-fest. Dallas plays every Thanksgiving so the increase us due to the Giants being from the #1 media market. I suspect we’ll see this matchup again.

We were on CBS last year. They meant whatever game was on FOX, whoever played Detroit.

Don’t give NY area that much credit for the improved numbers.

JustChip

Reaction score
We were on CBS last year. They meant whatever game was on FOX, whoever played Detroit.

Don’t give NY area that much credit for the improved numbers.
Ahhh. Misunderstood what they were saying. But up only 3% and a record for the most watched regular season game ever seems inconsistent. Unless, of course, last year’s game was near record with 40.8m.

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
With the majority of the sports bars closed on Thanksgiving that's amazing. Can you imagine the viewer ratings if the boys make it to the big dance.

plasticman

Reaction score
It's true.

When it comes to fans in the NFL, they either love the Cowboys or they hate them.

It's extremely rare to find indifference.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Are we the most loved or the most hated team! Lol
tumblr_n2ftr6pkmW1se37fko1_500.gif

B2ou.gif

817Gill

Reaction score
It was live on TV in Germany too, everyone into football watched it.

But I used streameast as I just can't stand the German commentators lol.
Now I’m curious to hear what German broadcasters sounds like lol

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I read an article on FOXNEWS about this and their numbers didn't add up. They said for all 3 games they had 138 mil viewers with the Cowboys getting 42 mil. That leaves 96 mil for the other 2 games at 48 mil per game which is more than the 42 mil they said the Cowboys set the record at.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score

Don't be Gill!

It will just seem like someone shouting at you using what sounds like swear words every 2nd word.

I've been to Germany quite a lot and can't figure out the language at all but it sounds really harsh to my untrained ear, not soft and comforting like say, Italian

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
The Cowboys' 28-20 victory on Fox averaged 42 million viewers, according to Nielsen, surpassing the 41.55 million average for the Dec. 3, 1990, Monday night game between the Giants and San Francisco 49ers on ABC. Average viewer record numbers date to 1988.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...as-cowboys-thanksgiving-nfl-viewership-record
I remember this game. Cowboys weren’t good then. I think both teams were undefeated and the final score was 9 to 6 or something like that. I’m actually tried to find it online a few years ago but couldn’t. It was a historic game between a number of future hall of famers.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

Well here is a short clip of it.

Their concept seems to be, to match a 15 year old youtuber's gaming streaming channel. They constantly show fan postings on their twitter / facebook channels (which I really don't give a rats arse about), making stupid teenager jokes and disgress from the actual game at hand to completely uninteresting (often private) topics. Our color commentators are ex NFL players , but they often sound like a bum who's been pulled out from under a bridge and put into the studio. And since there are so many commercials they have alot of time to show their obnoxiousness.

I started watching the NFL back in the 90s. Back then we had a channel called Sportkanal who just used the US signal for the games. So we had all the greats including Madden commenting the games. And that's what I expect from a football game. Old guys making dad jokes with a color commentator who's from the sport or at least knows his way around (but still has some commentating skills). I expect them to be in suits (lol) and just giving an unobtrusive, easily forgetable and relaxed yet charming performance. I hope that makes sense. :)

Edit: All other sports are being treated as professionally as the NFL on US tv stations though. Just wanted to make that clear lol.

Last edited: