Cowboys/Giants Was Most Watched Regular Season Game Ever

shabazz

Reaction score
Don’t think you understand what the most watched regular season game ever means

I know what “ this franchise always wins when it matters ” means…….I can’t imagine any regular season game mattering more than any playoff game.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Interesting it was up 49% over last year’s penalty-fest. Dallas plays every Thanksgiving so the increase us due to the Giants being from the #1 media market. I suspect we’ll see this matchup again.
No I think we were not on Fox last year. It said up 3% over the comparable time slot.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
I know what “ this franchise always wins when it matters ” means…….I can’t imagine any regular season game mattering more than any playoff game.
It was sarcasm. Change your profile picture, if you can't sense sarcasm then you for sure don't know what good comedy is. Bang, Bang, Bang

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I read an article on FOXNEWS about this and their numbers didn't add up. They said for all 3 games they had 138 mil viewers with the Cowboys getting 42 mil. That leaves 96 mil for the other 2 games at 48 mil per game which is more than the 42 mil they said the Cowboys set the record at.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wonder if these ratings reflect more of our population boom than more interest?

Earths population is now over 8 billion and USA is 330 million.

When I was growing up I recall when Earth reached 5 billion and USA 200 million. Back then it was something for 100 million to tune in to a Super Bowl.

Earth is growing at about 147 million a year.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I read an article on FOXNEWS about this and their numbers didn't add up. They said for all 3 games they had 138 mil viewers with the Cowboys getting 42 mil. That leaves 96 mil for the other 2 games at 48 mil per game which is more than the 42 mil they said the Cowboys set the record at.

That 138 million has to be wrong.

Not to be outdone, NBC Sports is touting its presentation of the Minnesota Vikings’ down-to-the-wire 33-26 victory over the New England Patriots as the second-most watched Thanksgiving primetime game ever. It averaged a Total Audience Delivery of more than 26 million viewers, based on preliminary data, across NBC TV, Peacock, Telemundo, NBC Sports Digital, and NFL Digital platforms.

Unless the first game got 70 million watchers then it wouldn't add up to 138 million.

817Gill

Reaction score
Well here is a short clip of it.

Their concept seems to be, to match a 15 year old youtuber's gaming streaming channel. They constantly show fan postings on their twitter / facebook channels (which I really don't give a rats arse about), making stupid teenager jokes and disgress from the actual game at hand to completely uninteresting (often private) topics. Our color commentators are ex NFL players , but they often sound like a bum who's been pulled out from under a bridge and put into the studio. And since there are so many commercials they have alot of time to show their obnoxiousness.

I started watching the NFL back in the 90s. Back then we had a channel called Sportkanal who just used the US signal for the games. So we had all the greats including Madden commenting the games. And that's what I expect from a football game. Old guys making dad jokes with a color commentator who's from the sport or at least knows his way around (but still has some commentating skills). I expect them to be in suits (lol) and just giving an unobtrusive, easily forgetable and relaxed yet charming performance. I hope that makes sense. :)

Edit: All other sports are being treated as professionally as the NFL on US tv stations though. Just wanted to make that clear lol.

Wow super interesting but I can see the trivialness you’re talking about with the tweet stuff lol. What percentage of the German population is able to fully understand English color commentary? I know both languages come from the same tree but curious to know what the level of understanding is. Appreciate the info!

817Gill

Reaction score
Don't be Gill!

It will just seem like someone shouting at you using what sounds like swear words every 2nd word.

I've been to Germany quite a lot and can't figure out the language at all but it sounds really harsh to my untrained ear, not soft and comforting like say, Italian
Haha yeah he posted a clip, they are a bit more calm than I thought they would be. Do they do their own commentary in Scotland or do you all tune into American broadcasting?

Flamma

Reaction score
People that I spoke too ,who aren’t Cowboys fans, spoke mostly about the massive amount of penalties that killed the flow of the game, otherwise they thought it was a decent matchup

That's pretty much every game.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Wow super interesting but I can see the trivialness you’re talking about with the tweet stuff lol. What percentage of the German population is able to fully understand English color commentary? I know both languages come from the same tree but curious to know what the level of understanding is. Appreciate the info!
About 65% of the population speak english. Actually you couldn't understand it without taking class though. But since english is the major foreign language we learn in school everybody could understand it if he/she was interested. But alot of people of course don't get in contact with english speaking content after school so they unlearn it. And the natural correlation between the two languages is too small to understand anything without getting educated first. With that being said, anyone younger than 40 shouldn't have a problem though. That funny german accent you hear in Hollywood movies is pretty much exaggerated these days, but it still exists lol.

817Gill

Reaction score
About 65% of the population speak english. Actually you couldn't understand it without taking class though. But since english is the major foreign language we learn in school everybody could understand it if he/she was interested. But alot of people of course don't get in contact with english speaking content after school so they unlearn it. And the natural correlation between the two languages is too small to understand anything without getting educated first. With that being said, anyone younger than 40 shouldn't have a problem though. That funny german accent you hear in Hollywood movies is pretty much exaggerated these days, but it still exists lol.
Hahaha ok good to know. A buddy of mine was stationed in Germany for a bit and really enjoyed it. He said he could communicate in most places he went in major cities as there was usually someone who could speak well enough for him to get across.

Don’t mean to ask too many questions lol, but how big is the NFL there? Is there a preferred team or scattered support?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Hahaha ok good to know. A buddy of mine was stationed in Germany for a bit and really enjoyed it. He said he could communicate in most places he went in major cities as there was usually someone who could speak well enough for him to get across.

Don’t mean to ask too many questions lol, but how big is the NFL there? Is there a preferred team or scattered support?
It has really drawn some increased attention over the last ten years. When I started watching in the 90s I had one buddy to watch the games with, no one cared. Now they could have sold 3 million tickets for the Munich game, the market is huge.

All teams have their fans, but I think GB, the Patriots and the northern teams in general have the most of them I guess. I'm the only Cowboys fan I know of around here. :D

817Gill

Reaction score
It has really drawn some increased attention over the last ten years. When I started watching in the 90s I had one buddy to watch the games with, no one cared. Now they could have sold 3 million tickets for the Munich game, the market is huge.

All teams have their fans, but I think GB, the Patriots and the northern teams in general have the most of them I guess. I'm the only Cowboys fan I know of around here. :D
Yup that makes sense! Lived in Michigan for a year and have a bunch of buddies in Minnesota and there are large German populations as well as on the east coast. Haven’t heard of that many in Texas lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score

This was my experience as well when I have been there. It's pretty easy to find folks who speak English in the big cities.. Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin are all very cosmopolitan and diverse across the board. Even some of the smaller places where I worked, Augsburg, Walldorf and Paderborn have a good percentage of folks who speak English.. probably owing to the number of international businesses in those places. I really enjoyed my time there .. and was always blown away by how gregarious and fun loving the German people are. Very cool ..

817Gill

Reaction score
This was my experience as well when I have been there. It's pretty easy to find folks who speak English in the big cities.. Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin are all very cosmopolitan and diverse across the board. Even some of the smaller places where I worked, Augsburg, Walldorf and Paderborn have a good percentage of folks who speak English.. probably owing to the number of international businesses in those places. I really enjoyed my time there .. and was always blown away by how gregarious and fun loving the German people are. Very cool ..
Man I gotta check it out! Sounds like a fun time for sure, appreciate that insight