Cowboys had a chance at Keenan Allen (chose T. Williams instead)

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There are plenty of misses on the CowboysZone on draft day, but there are a couple that stand out to me recently where the majority here were on it.

1) We mostly wanted Watt over Taco
2) We mostly wanted Juan Thornhill (or others) over Tristen Hill in 2019. Some even wanted DK Metcalf--which would've been insane--but Thornhill (or some liked Rapp) seemed obvious at the time.
Most wanted Johnny Football over Zach Martin.

Most didn’t like the Demarco Murray selection in the 3rd round.

Most didn’t like the Dak Prescott selection in the 4th round.

Most didn’t like the trade up for Travis Frederick in the 1st round.

It goes both ways....

the_h0wey

Reaction score
BB92-F0-B8-90-B2-4-C19-A6-D6-D82218-E3-E14-D.jpg

I see your Keenen Allen and raise you Randy Moss

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

It goes both ways....

Most don’t make up strawmen like you do…

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Most don’t make up strawmen like you do…
Not strawmen at all. Just pointing out facts and shining light on hypocrisy.

This board is wrong more often than not. Just pointing out some examples.

BTW.....I am not a Cowboys homer or Jones supporter at all. I’m quite the opposite actually. And I wanted TJ Watt over the soft Taco too.

khiladi

Reaction score
I mean T Will was averaging close to 17 YPC until the FO decided to have Dak throw to him, instead of Romo…. In his 2nd year, the 2014 season, he even had 8 TDs on 37 receptions.

Now this man has Herbert throwing to him…

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had taken Allen, do they use a first round pick to trade for Cooper?

817Gill

Reaction score
These threads are strange because everyone has passed on hundreds of all pros and pro bowlers. How many people passed on the our all-time greats?

Batman1980

Reaction score
These threads are strange because everyone has passed on hundreds of all pros and pro bowlers. How many people passed on the our all-time greats?

I don't even remember who our 1st 4th round pick was in 2016 before we took Dak Prescott lol.

DFWJC

Reaction score

It goes both ways....
I would say 30% wanted johnny football....which was a HUGE number given we had Romo.
Then Tony went out and became the first QB in NFL history to lead the league in QB rating in BOTH the regular season and playoffs.

It got so ugly around here that it was the only time I actually kept track of who wanted JF and who didn't (which is silly, but that's how bad it was).
It was the first time I started using the block feature on guys like ufcrules, Gameover, etc.

I probably have that list somewhere if you're curious.
:laugh:

Last edited:

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Morris Claiborne is definitely worse. With TJ Watt you were drafting toward the end of the first and missed out on a guy due to scheme.

With Morris Claiborne you spent an extra 2md round pick to move up and miss drafting Luke Kuechly, Bruce Irvin, Fletcher Cox, Michael Brockers, Stephen Gilmore, Melvin Ingram…

Traded a premium pick to dodge those players.
Ouch I felt better not knowing this o_O:oops::lmao:

cej757

Reaction score
Morris Claiborne is definitely worse. With TJ Watt you were drafting toward the end of the first and missed out on a guy due to scheme.

With Morris Claiborne you spent an extra 2md round pick to move up and miss drafting Luke Kuechly, Bruce Irvin, Fletcher Cox, Michael Brockers, Stephen Gilmore, Melvin Ingram…

Traded a premium pick to dodge those players.

I remember screaming NOOOOO!!!!!! When the Cowboys logo came on the screen when the trade was announced. I did not want to give up that 2nd rd pick in that draft. Could've had Bobby Wagner with that pick? Smh :(

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
gotta stop living in the past we made our bed time to move on every team misses out and makes bad judgement calls

Jkyle

Reaction score
People don't remember that Allen had a serious knee issue coming into that draft and that's why he lasted into the 3rd round.
Many Teams' medical staff warned against taking him due to not trusting that his knee would hold up.
He proved them wrong. Bleep happens.