Cowboys had a chance at Keenan Allen (chose T. Williams instead)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How many teams passed on Frederick? How many passed on Lamb? How many passed on Prescott? How many passed on Romo?

The Cowboys have hit on many skipped over players by other teams over the years just like other teams have.

NFL history is full of great players who were passed by other teams, including some many times over with rounds of picks.

Cherry picking one here and there from years past to point out what could have been is really a pointless exercise.

This is not a defense of any Cowboys pick that failed to live up to their expectations as there have been many, but rather pointing out that all teams have their "could have, would have, should have" missed picks in their history.

LOUDER! Interestingly, fans never mention the picks we stole/hit a home run.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Cowboys selected Gavin Escobar 16 picks before KC took Travis Kelce. You're welcome.

If any team could pick those perfect choices knowing what they know now, they really could just build through the draft. Most hit on two or three starters and a couple of quality backups at most. The year Kansas City drafted Kelce, the Chiefs also got Eric Fisher in the first round, but after that, it was pretty much a mess: RB Knile Davis, LB Nico Johnson, DB Sanders Cummings, C Eric Kush, FB Braden Wilson and DE Mike Catapano.

Davis had two starts and a career 3.2 average. Johnson three starts in a three-year career. Cummings played in two games in a one-year career. Kush started one game in KC his first year and then has bounced around the league. It doesn't look like Wilson made the team. And Catapano appeared in 15 games and had a sack for the Chiefs as a rookie before being cut the next year.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not strawmen at all. Just pointing out facts and shining light on hypocrisy.

This board is wrong more often than not. Just pointing out some examples.

BTW.....I am not a Cowboys homer or Jones supporter at all. I’m quite the opposite actually. And I wanted TJ Watt over the soft Taco too.
Not only that. Allen had a lot of injuries early in his career. We would have wanted to cast him off the island because of it.

quickccc

Reaction score
Happens every draft to every team in the league. You hit on some and you miss on some. I don't know why people bring this up all the time to criticize Dallas as if they're the only franchise that has draft blunders. We've also hit on some great picks too.

yeh i did not her anyone on the board here, shouting out insistence that we should have taken Keenan Allen over TWill at the time of the draft.
Most very likely did not even know who Keenan Allen was at that time.

The only thing that is more puzzling and telling to me, is TWill is not even in the league anymore.
Once he was cut from the Cowboys, no other NFL team showed any interest
. - and somehow before hand, we decided to re-sign TWill to an 4- year contract.