Cowboys have 12th youngest projected OL by average age heading in 2015 season

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This isn't even remotely accurate. The rams starting OL has 2 27yo, 2 26yo, and one 22yo. How does that average out to 23.4? Oh it doesn't? Exactly. Try 25.6
You're forgetting rookies. Havenstein and Brown could both start...both are 22/23.

Illini88228

Reaction score
This is a better exercise after TC when the actual starting lineups have more or less shaken out. If Collins starts at either LG or RT that average falls. I'd assume every other team has at least that much uncertainty at this point.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Every guy on our line is younger than that average except Free and Leary. LOL

And both those guys could have replacements already on the roster in Green and Collins.

How many teams with younger OL's would trade OL's with us today? I feel pretty safe in saying "every one of them". Throw in Collins and Green...

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
How many teams with younger OL's would trade OL's with us today? I feel pretty safe in saying "every one of them". Throw in Collins and Green...

Every team in the league younger or older would trade lines with us today.

Every team in the league would trade their LT for ours and their RG for ours.

myslamsareolder

Reaction score
You're forgetting rookies. Havenstein and Brown could both start...both are 22/23.

It's still not accurate. And accuracy in a chart matters. Even if they had two 22yo and a 23yo starting (which according to their depth chart isn't the case yet) They would still have any combo of 2 26yo or 2 27yo. Let's say it's the two 26yo... that's still an average of 23.8 not 23.4 WHICH ISN'T EVEN POSSIBLE and therefore the entire chart is dumb.