Cowboys have 9 games against playoff teams from last year

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, 49ers, Lions, Bucs and Egirls twice . Not to mention the Bengals .

Cowboys traditionally don’t fare as well against winning record teams.

If we win half of those there’s 4 or 5 losses. And we know we’ll get upset or blow some against lesser teams.

Over/ under 10 wins?

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
except Ravens and 49ers we should win them all but we probably will lay an egg against a team like Texans,

Carson

Reaction score
Browns - Winnable
Ravens - Likely loss
Steelers - Win
49ers - Loss
Lions - Winnable
Texans - Winnable
Bucs - Winnable
Eagles - We will split.

Outside of the Ravens and 49ers don’t see really any of them being a game we cannot win

Aven8

Reaction score
If they stay healthy they will do well. Mike is a good coach and Dak generally plays well in season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, 49ers, Lions, Bucs and Egirls twice . Not to mention the Bengals .

If we win half of those there’s 4 or 5 losses. And we know we’ll get upset or blow some against lesser teams.

Over/ under 10 wins?
same analysis was done last year and the year before and the year before that...

this is a case of hindsight 20/20. we have to wait until after the season.

will steelers be back in playoffs? how about Bucs? remains to be seen.

but there is no denying the schedule looks tough.

bottleKids

Reaction score

Over/ under 10 wins

Not sure about the totals being over or under but I have us at right around 10 wins....

What I do know is if we do have a losing season it will be based on; bias refs, bad coaching, bad defense, dropped balls, poor route running, MP having a podcast, no running game. I think that covers it....

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Over/ under 10 wins?
We gotta keep our 12 win streak alive :). NFL is so year to year and the 9 games against playoff teams may end up being 5.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Except for SF, Dallas will play the tougher opponents at home. Dallas plays better at home and has the extra home game this year. It should help.

If Dallas goes 7-2 or 6-3 at home Dallas will win 10 games minimum.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Good news is the league changes so much year to year there is a good chance 3-4 of those teams wont be playoff teams again this year. Bad news is I don't think this division is so bad this year where you just pencil in 4 wins against NY/WASH for the Cowboys. I could see a 4-2 or even 3-3 divisional record this year with less margin of error for those out of division games.

Preseason I don't put too much stock into the schedule as there are so many variables that can change. Just looking at where I think the talent level is this year I have them at 9 wins.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fans need to remember we will have 5-7 NEW starters, most average or downgrade. We have no way of knowing how they will respond. Will they play at the same level of the previous starter or can they? My point is this is not the same team that started last season. For me, I can't predict 10-12 wins or even so-called winnable games w/o seeing how the new starters respond. Ask me again after the first 3-4 games.....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans need to remember we will have 5-7 NEW starters, most average or downgrade. We have no way of knowing how they will respond. Will they play at the same level of the previous starter or can they? My point is this is not the same team that started last season. For me, I can't predict 10-12 wins or even so-called winnable games w/o seeing how the new starters respond. Ask me again after the first 3-4 games.....
Who are the 5 to 7 new starters?

2 on the OL, but they are not a huge drop off. Tyron who played half the time, and are we really worse off at C?

RB will not be much different as well.

Diggs will be back, and Bland takes over for Gilmore, Lewis back to the slot. So actually that may be better.

Williams and Kneeland may very well replace the production of Armstrong and Fowler. Were either all that great to lose much there?

Hankins at DT, but he too missed playing time, and how much of a difference make was he?

LVE at LB, but he too was injured yet again.

All players had someone behind them or was replaced by a 2nd team guy pushing for playing time, or a player with potential was drafted.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I'm glad the schedule is tough.....this pansy NFCE schedule sure hasn't toughened them up at all for the post season. In fact, it's made them feel better than what they are, same with some fans here who puff out their chests with 12 wins for three consecutive seasons. Hasn't helped them much at all. Paper lions.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Who are the 5 to 7 new starters?

2 on the OL, but they are not a huge drop off. Tyron who played half the time, and are we really worse off at C?

RB will not be much different as well.

Diggs will be back, and Bland takes over for Gilmore, Lewis back to the slot. So actually that may be better.

Williams and Kneeland may very well replace the production of Armstrong and Fowler. Were either all that great to lose much there?

Hankins at DT, but he too missed playing time, and how much of a difference make was he?

LVE at LB, but he too was injured yet again.

All players had someone behind them or was replaced by a 2nd team guy pushing for playing time, or a player with potential was drafted.
I see all this, but we don't know what we have until they do it consistently. For example.....it's no secret Bland is a better zone CB, but struggles with man coverage or speed receivers. What can we consistently expect from Mazi or the two new players on the OLine? You mention Williams and Kneeland not having to replace much in Armstrong and Fowlers.......that may be true, but until it's done at the same level consistently we don't know what we have.

LOL....what's interesting is most of us have spent the offseason calling Stephen out for taking a pass to replace some of the lost starters via free agency but are now saying it doesn't matter by predicting we will still be favored to win X number of games.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Over/ under 10 wins?
No WOOF WOOF teams to abuse at home ehhhh?
ALL-IN Baby that's what the man said..............oulala.
P.S. At least it will be a good Thanksgiving...............