Cowboys have become the "black sheep" of DFW sports

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I agree. But what they may not realize is they are setting up a decline in fan support and value for their children and grandchildren if this 28 years and counting putrid playoff performance continues. Eventually, the younger fans will just follow other teams. It’s already happening.

My three sons (now 40, 38 and 36) all grew up watching Cowboys games with me and their grandads. My oldest son was 12 the last time the Cowboys played even in a conference championship game. Now they see the Cowboys as a joke. They love the Mavs, stars and rangers because they have all won more glory than the Cowboys since they became adults.

Jerry and the Jones family are raking it in. But they are risking losing all the work that started way before Jerry ever owned the team. The Cowboys before Jerry won 20 playoff games between 1960-1988. Thats 20 playoff wins in 29 seasons. Under Jerry, they have won 16 playoff games in 35 seasons, but 12 of those 16 wins happened between 1991-96.

Whatever anyone thinks about Jerry running this team, he has long proven his business genius. But he has equally proven when it comes to building a team that wins in the playoffs, without a strong coach like Jimmy Johnson with a lot of authority, Jerry doesn’t know what he’s doing. It’s not even arguable at this point.
I think once Jerry dies and Stephen takes over they will be in decline. Stephen needs to hire a GM and concentrate on winning SBs or nobody will care about the Cowboys. You can't be mediocre forever and hope to keep your fan base.

StylisticS

Reaction score
which one is the most valued franchise anywhere?

Jones' have accomplished what they set out to do. it wasn't winning championships
Ok. They will get roasted as a team that continually fails at winning on the field while the other three excel and attempt to win championships.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I know Dallas loves Luka, and I hate to say it, but I’m not sure he’s going to be anything other than another James Harden. Perennial high scorer who takes all the team’s shots, but playoff disaster every year. I.e. Dak. LOL.

I do agree though that the Texas Rangers and the Dallas Stars look to be in better shape.
This has not been true of the Mavs since the trade. I think the comparisons to him and Harden are off and at least Luka has been to a conference finals. Unlike Dak.