Twitter: Cowboys have hired former Giants HC Ben McAdoo as a consultant

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Ben McAdoo was the kid who would yell “time out” just as he was about to get tagged.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Too bad jg was too busy stacking good days and loving the game of football as a member of the New York football giants organization.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No way. The Jerry-haters say Jerry micromanages everything and the coaches are nothing but puppets. Just ask them. They are 100% convinced. Facts do not matter.
Ahh the sarcasm button.

Gotcha.

Well I'm a Jerry hater so count me in!

Plankton

Reaction score
C1Ha39hWEAEOAHe.jpg

joseephuss

Reaction score
To be fair, the front office pushed for Manning to be benched. McAdoo took the fall for it.

To be really fair, Manning was 36 years old at the time and having one of the worst seasons of his career. The problem is the Giants didn't go out and get someone better than Geno Smith to replace Eli.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Crap, this clowns in town. The show goes on....
almost every assistant coach and coordinator wants to become a head coach. not all are good head coaches. some are just better assistants, ala Wade Phillips....can he be a QB coach to Dak over the summer. why not...Kitna did a lot of good with his fundamental foot work and maybe McAdoo can help take him further

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ben is probably fine . Just sucks at being in charge if ANYTHING. This hire might be pretty good,but what concerns me is having too many cooks in the kitchen. I get it, Jerry likes the input of many, as does MM...but will it be a case of too many ops and not one guy a player can go to to implement a plan?This kinda looks like overkill or getting too cute. Looks like trying to reinvent the game and this isnt how football is played.Time will tell if this hire was good.

Rayman70

Reaction score
last thing real quick, I recall how much disdain the players amd media had for Ben in NY..they actually couldnt stand him and he never could earn their respect because he proved he shouldnt be in charge rather fast.Some guys are not leaders in this business, on or off the field, and thats ok..its life. But sometimes guys do a better job not being in a leadership role. I think that could be what Ben M is. Like I said earlier, we shall see.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh this is the dude that benched Eli for Geno, lol.
Geno made 1 start for a team that had a 2-9 record with Eli having a truly horrible season. Seemed like a perfectly appropriate moment to try something different, even if odds weren't good that it would help. Geno did as well as Eli had been

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
I think this is in preparation for the impending departure of Moore to be HC next year if we have success

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
All jokes aside, this was probably just a favor from McCarthy to McAdoo. From what I have read McAdoo will still be getting paid by the Jaguars, so hiring him as a consultant will allow him to stay in the NFL until another job opens up.

The Cowboys can just have McAdoo work off to the side with Ben DiNucci telling him to square up his shoulders before he throws and say "there, he has a consulting role here".

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I dunno.

He had his own line of Pony sneakers named after him at a very young age.

Could be a diamond in the rough.
That just made me want a pair of Kangaroos just for the nostalgia.
And the security! Nothing like hiding 10,000 bucks in the tongue of your shoe.

I meant 10 bucks! 10 bucks. In ones. Definitely ones. You know, to make it rain anywhere I go.
More like a light shower, but still!

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Cmon guys, someone has to take over when Big Mac is getting his massage.