Cowboys have inquired on prominent offensive assistant - per Ed Werder

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett is the greatest just like your Dak. Playoffs baby...

Dak is in his 3rd year and its some of the best 3 years statistically and Team success wise in NFL history. Still growing and still getting better.

Garrett has been here for 14 years and has been found wanting.

But of course, how would a QB challenged guy like you possibly understand those complicated concepts.

Its OK to be wrong. Just admit you were wrong about Dak and lets all move on.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Anything is better than the puppett Garrett claiming there would be no changes and then getting wrist slapped by Daddy Jones and recanting.

At least we know that its Garrett that continues to want the status quo to stay with the horrid linehan. So if we get a new OC in here, dont be galavanting around that we dont know if Garrett had say. We know 100% he wants Linehan to return.
Of course he wants him, its one more year of scapegoating meaning Garrett keeps his job. Not hard to see. Linehan stays, the focus is on him and not Jason.

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL,, just updated my post after the initial post..hadn't read your response yet.. good job bro... eyes wide open
I cannot for the life of me understand why he went undrafted. Did he have off the field stuff?

His scouting report reads like he's the next Sproles. Great returner, doesn't fumble, and set a new record as Colo's all purpose yardage leader. Dangerous receiver and runner.

I was shocked that no team threw a mid round pick at him. I mentioned him predraft in the old forums. He would've solved our lack of a return game.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
The blocks fell on the ground multiple times but Dak picked them up and they somehow landed in the right order.

And then Dak developed temporarily Amnesia and stacked them all wrong against the rams last week.

What a shame.

rags747

Reaction score
Best 3 years statistically in NFL History. WOW...Is this really like a real thing? I wonder if we will be the best in NFL History for 4 years too.

visionary

Reaction score
Or he will claim that we have no idea if Garrett picked out the OC or if he had say in it and or how much.

Its already 100% certified. Garrett wants Linehan and is opposed to any change whatsoever.

And why would he. He has hung his hat on that old tired, lame offense he keeps having run here in Dallas. If that final straw has been taken away from Garrett then he will pretty much be reduced to cheerleader, figurehead, practice schedule pusher, ect...ect...

Basically the only way we have a shot at winning the SB with Garrett is if he is finally reduced to being taken completely away from the offense. He has been stripped of play calling, but its clear the overall offense is still what he wants.

You remember the whole fiasco when Jerry took away garretts playcalling publicly?
Any person with a shred of self worth or dignity would have quit but not jellyfish Garrett

:laugh:

I keep saying it, this guy is trash and the sooner he's sent packing the better

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
"prominent" scares me especially with the Jones braintrust.

It's probably Ernie Zampese or Al Saunders, recommended by Gil Brandt.

I'm still hoping for Mike McDaniel but not sure he qualifies as a prominent name, at least with this front office.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
What about Payton's OC? I know he calls his own plays but his OC has been with him forever.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You remember the whole fiasco when Jerry took away garretts playcalling publicly?
Any person with a shred of self worth or dignity would have quit but not jellyfish Garrett

:laugh:

I keep saying it, this guy is trash and the sooner he's sent packing the better

Ironic what Jones said about Garrett and 5 teams offering him a job. Not one team would hire the guy. Only Jerry thinks he has any worth at all.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
And they dont want the guy to come in that will make it completely obvious how bad you are at your job. LOL
Heres what I don't get...
Your coaching staff salaries have no effect on your salary cap.
So maybe I misspoke, maybe I do get it.
In Jerrys world, the world much different than all of ours, the world of a multi billionaire, this team,, the Dallas Cowboys,, its not your team, my team, its all Jerrys team,, he pays the bills.
Its like a billionaires greatest dream, like a hobby, like a collector of exotic artifacts, coins, etc that most/all fans could never understand.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me understand why he went undrafted. Did he have off the field stuff?

His scouting report reads like he's the next Sproles. Great returner, doesn't fumble, and set a new record as Colo's all purpose yardage leader. Dangerous receiver and runner.

I was shocked that no team threw a mid round pick at him. I mentioned him predraft in the old forums. He would've solved our lack of a return game.
IMHO its becoming a league of pure metrics, and that's why the smalls slip to the later rounds.
If I were a GM in todays NFL, I would put an emphasis on determining how big your huevos truly are,, I would seek out that character trait no matter what your size is.
Apparently some teams have discovered that new metric.

cern

Reaction score
cold front approaching texas. the duck hunting's expected to be very good Saturday and sunday. why not just get a new oc? we've seen linehan's best and it is lacking.