Cowboys have inquired on prominent offensive assistant - per Ed Werder

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett responded to a direct question Monday morning about Linehan's fate saying the coordinator would return, adding he didn't anticipate any significant changes on the coaching staff. He reiterated that stance in the afternoon.

The next day, owner Jerry Jones and executive vice president Stephen Jones both said during their radio appearances that those meetings hadn't taken place and no decision had been made. For Garrett to suggest now that he and Linehan reached a mutual decision is comical.

Comical
is the most important word in all this.

Not sure why you’re color coding random words now. But let’s see how this story plays out. More is going to come out this week. And it’s going to reinforce what I’m saying and make what you’re saying look silly. Sillier. I can wait.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not sure why you’re color coding random words now. But let’s see how this story plays out. More is going to come out this week. And it’s going to reinforce what I’m saying and make what you’re saying look silly. Sillier. I can wait.

So what exactly is it that you are denying?

-Garrett is a puppet
-Garrett Didn't want Linehan fired.

If you happen to actually get something right on Garrett I will be more then happy to give you credit. There is a first time for everything.

Heck, you still haven't admitted that Garrett was opposed to giving up play calling duties.

Last edited:

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
So Werder all of the sudden is the voice of the Cowboys again. LOL

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what exactly is it that you are denying?

-Garrett is a puppet
-Garrett Didn't want Linehan fired.

If you happen to actually get something right on Garrett I will be more then happy to give you credit. There is a first time for everything.

Heck, you still haven't admitted that Garrett was opposed to giving up play calling duties.

I disputed most of what you’re making up here. But specifically that he’s a puppet.

We’re getting differing stories on who wanted Linehan gone and why, but in all situations, Garrett obviously knew it was under consideration. If he said the team wasn’t anticipating making a change he was running interference for his friend.

I’ve commented many times about Garrett and giving up his play calling duties. You’re making that up completely, as you so often do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I disputed most of what you’re making up here. But specifically that he’s a puppet.

We’re getting differing stories on who wanted Linehan gone and why, but in all situations, Garrett obviously knew it was under consideration. If he said the team wasn’t anticipating making a change he was running interference for his friend.

I’ve commented many times about Garrett and giving up his play calling duties. You’re making that up completely, as you so often do.

Garrett is 100% the text book definition of a puppet. That is not debatable. Deny it all you want, no one is listening.

As far as Garrett wanting linehan fired or not, we shall see. His bumble saying they weren't making a change is monumental evidence to the contrary.

Saying that Garrett was running interference is completely laughable. Its what a Garrett lover would say in desperation to try and rationalize why he would do it. Garrett laughably forgetting he said that a day later also completely flies in the face of that theory. Looks more like a puppet that opened his mouth and got slapped for it.

If you have admitted that Garrett was kicked to the curb on play calling then I haven't heard it. Glad to know you finally admitted you were dead wrong on that one. There may be hope for you.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett is 100% the text book definition of a puppet. That is not debatable. Deny it all you want, no one is listening.

As far as Garrett wanting linehan fired or not, we shall see. His bumble saying they weren't making a change is monumental evidence to the contrary.

Saying that Garrett was running interference is completely laughable. Its what a Garrett lover would say in desperation to try and rationalize why he would do it. Garrett laughably forgetting he said that a day later also completely flies in the face of that theory. Looks more like a puppet that opened his mouth and got slapped for it.

If you have admitted that Garrett was kicked to the curb on play calling then I haven't heard it. Glad to know you finally admitted you were dead wrong on that one. There may be hope for you.

It doesn’t matter what you imagine people are listening to.

Like I said: the story will come out and we’ll see more about how it all went down soon enough.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter what you imagine people are listening to.

Like I said: the story will come out and we’ll see more about how it all went down soon enough.

Some of the story has already come out.

-Garrett said we were making no big changes
-Jones contradicted that point
-Garrett forgot he said that
-Linehan was fired
-Garrett said they sat down and decided together to part ways

Thus far, all these facts point to Garrett NOT wanting linehan gone and then having it forced on him by Jones.

Either way it points to Garrett the puppet.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of the story has already come out.

-Garrett said we were making no big changes
-Jones contradicted that point
-Garrett forgot he said that
-Linehan was fired
-Garrett said they sat down and decided together to part ways

Thus far, all these facts point to Garrett NOT wanting linehan gone and then having it forced on him by Jones.

Either way it points to Garrett the puppet.

Garrett didn’t say they were making no big changes. Go back and look at what he said. It’s been posted many times.

None of the rest of that suggests anybody is a puppet. It’s you reading into things you want to believe already.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett didn’t say they were making no big changes. Go back and look at what he said. It’s been posted many times.

None of the rest of that suggests anybody is a puppet. It’s you reading into things you want to believe already.

Ive read it and posted it several times. You really do live in a world of complete denial. Here it is for you:

Jason Garrett told the media on 2 separate occasions Monday that he didn’t anticipate any significant changes on his coaching staff. To suggest now he & Scott Linehan reached a mutual decision to part is comical.

Heres an article that outlines everything for you. Direct quotes: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...cott-linehan-says-no-decisions-made-on-staff/

Five hours after saying the Cowboys “don’t anticipate any significant changes on our staff,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett backtracked. He said in his season-ending press conference Monday that he and the Cowboys front office have not met to discuss offensive coordinator Scott Linehan or any of the team’s other assistant coaches.

“We haven’t had any substantive conversations,” Garrett said. “Scott did an excellent job for us this year. Again, I don’t know how I answered that question this morning. Nothing has changed.

So he pumped up Linehan by saying he did an great job and went out of his way to say that nothing significant was changing.

The next day he gets baby slapped, he recants, and then Linehan is fired.

Case closed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ive read it and posted it several times. You really do live in a world of complete denial. Here it is for you:

Jason Garrett told the media on 2 separate occasions Monday that he didn’t anticipate any significant changes on his coaching staff. To suggest now he & Scott Linehan reached a mutual decision to part is comical.

Heres an article that outlines everything for you. Direct quotes: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...cott-linehan-says-no-decisions-made-on-staff/

Five hours after saying the Cowboys “don’t anticipate any significant changes on our staff,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett backtracked. He said in his season-ending press conference Monday that he and the Cowboys front office have not met to discuss offensive coordinator Scott Linehan or any of the team’s other assistant coaches.

“We haven’t had any substantive conversations,” Garrett said. “Scott did an excellent job for us this year. Again, I don’t know how I answered that question this morning. Nothing has changed.

So he pumped up Linehan by saying he did an great job and went out of his way to say that nothing significant was changing.

The next day he gets baby slapped, he recants, and then Linehan is fired.

Case closed.

In all honesty, I don’t read your posts if theyre not directed at me or it doesn’t seem you’re involved in anything I have to moderate.

These quotes are just more of you not realizing what a paraphrased “doesn’t anticipate...but we have not sat down to discuss” means in this context.

I don’t care to hear any more about how you disagree or what you secretly think it means. It was Garrett-speak for “I don’t want this topic to be an issue.” Jerry felt otherwise. It’s his prerogative as owner.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In all honesty, I don’t read your posts if theyre not directed at me or it doesn’t seem you’re involved in anything I have to moderate.

These quotes are just more of you not realizing what a paraphrased “doesn’t anticipate...but we have not sat down to discuss” means in this context.

I don’t care to hear any more about how you disagree or what you secretly think it means. It was Garrett-speak for “I don’t want this topic to be an issue.” Jerry felt otherwise. It’s his prerogative as owner.

How does complete denial taste?

Idgit: Garrett didn’t say they were making no big changes. Go back and look at what he said.

Garrett: Five hours after saying the Cowboys “don’t anticipate any significant changes on our staff,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett backtracked.

FYI.............big is a synonym for significant.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does complete denial taste?

Idgit: Garrett didn’t say they were making no big changes. Go back and look at what he said.

Garrett: Five hours after saying the Cowboys “don’t anticipate any significant changes on our staff,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett backtracked.

FYI.............big is a synonym for significant.

Jesus Christ dude. The difference between “were not making changes” and “we don’t *anticipate* any significant changes, *but*...” is what I’m talking about. One leaves no room for air, the other lets you easily say “we didn’t anticipate it, but once we sat down and looked at how to improve...” Thats what Garrett does: he grey-rocks the press to keep them from frothing. Jerry, however, likes them to froth from time to time, and Jerry is the boss.

Stop not understanding what simple words mean and pretending it’s denial in someone you’re debating. On top of you just making things up and misremembering what people have said in the past, it makes you impossible to talk to the way you would a normal forum member.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jesus Christ dude. The difference between “were not making changes” and “we don’t *anticipate* any significant changes, *but*...” is what I’m talking about. One leaves no room for air, the other lets you easily say “we didn’t anticipate it, but once we sat down and looked at how to improve...” Thats what Garrett does: he grey-rocks the press to keep them from frothing. Jerry, however, likes them to froth from time to time, and Jerry is the boss.

Stop not understanding what simple words mean and pretending it’s denial in someone you’re debating. On top of you just making things up and misremembering what people have said in the past, it makes you impossible to talk to the way you would a normal forum member.

No one is listening. At this point you are on a goat trail, way up high, all alone................................Denial is your only friend.

Maybe if you insult me some more, the facts will change.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is listening. At this point you are on a goat trail, way up high, all alone................................Denial is your only friend.

Maybe if you insult me some more, the facts will change.

You don’t know who’s listening to what, so don’t pretend you do.

You’re wrong about everything else, so how ‘bout I’ll just compare my post likes to your own and we can decide that way who gets listened to and who gets generally ignored.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
prominent assistant to who? The fans? I bet most had to google to get a list of names of asst.coaches on the 4 remaining teams.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You don’t know who’s listening to what, so don’t pretend you do.

You’re wrong about everything else, so how ‘bout I’ll just compare my post likes to your own and we can decide that way who gets listened to and who gets generally ignored.

Oh yah, and what have I been wrong about? This outta be a good one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your belief that your opinions are worth posting on the internet.

so you are another ignore candidate I see? I actually tried to post back something rational and it appears your just another angry troll? Just let me know. You can join the others.

Haimerej

Reaction score
so you are another ignore candidate I see? I actually tried to post back something rational and it appears your just another angry troll? Just let me know. You can join the others.

It was an easy setup. Sometimes when it's right down the middle you just have to swing for the fences. Figured you could take a ribbing.