Twitter: Cowboys have talked to league about officiating

CoachD

Reaction score
NFL officiating is the worst in ALL of sports and it's not even close first of all many of these officials are way too old to be on the field in the first place. These guys in the NFL are way too fast for them to keep up plus they don't have the vision they once had. Maybe the NFL should implement the retire at 50 rule this would really help the league and keep the age of officials down.

CoachD

Reaction score
Threads like this make me feel embarrassed as a Cowboys fan - nothing but whining and excuses for failing to win anything in over a quarter century.

That the "Cowboys have talked to league about officiating" tells me Jerry's soft excuse culture is alive and well, unfortunately. :facepalm:
As much as I agree with you on everything you posted NFL officials are just awful, worst in all of sports.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Did Fat Mike send a strongly worded email to NFL headquarters?

After Goodell stopped laughing I wondered if actually replied or not.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I could see us getting screwed even worse somehow by the league tonight by the officiating for us daring to question the officiating after the Raiders game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
NFL officiating is the worst in ALL of sports and it's not even close first of all many of these officials are way too old to be on the field in the first place. These guys in the NFL are way too fast for them to keep up plus they don't have the vision they once had. Maybe the NFL should implement the retire at 50 rule this would really help the league and keep the age of officials down.

And a pipeline (suggested by Pat McAfee and I thought it was a brilliant idea) for NFL players when they retire. A lot of the ref's day jobs (they're part time) involve things like being lawyer, computer scientists, and other things. Maybe if the NFL made them full time and helped make things easier for players to get into it, the officiating might be better. Plus, it'd give some players who don't know what they want to do after their playing days are over something to do.

CWR

Reaction score
uncatchable ball and at best you it would be on offsetting penalty considering Peter Pettigrew hanged on to Hitchens face mask.

The TE also initiated contact clearly before Hitchens. It is the only example apologist have, and a bad one at that.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
the Steeler and the Seahawks

referring to the SB where they called a chop block on Hasselbeck who was trying to make a tackle after an interception? and that was just one of the many calls in that game that were complete farce.

that was the most blatantly biased game I can remember. certainly, the biggest stage.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Or the Steelers Seahawks Super Bowl in Super Bowl 40.
referring to the SB where they called a chop block on Hasselbeck who was trying to make a tackle after an interception? and that was just one of the many calls in that game that were complete farce.

that was the most blatantly biased game I can remember. certainly, the biggest stage.

It just so happened too that it was Jerome Bettis' last game as he was retiring, and, the Super Bowl was in his home town Detroit. Sure makes for a nice narrative if he wins. ;)

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
And a pipeline (suggested by Pat McAfee and I thought it was a brilliant idea) for NFL players when they retire. A lot of the ref's day jobs (they're part time) involve things like being lawyer, computer scientists, and other things. Maybe if the NFL made them full time and helped make things easier for players to get into it, the officiating might be better. Plus, it'd give some players who don't know what they want to do after their playing days are over something to do.

Im not sure about having ex players bringing their biases onto the field . Knowing how much players garner hatred for opposing teams , it would be foolish to expect them to be fair.

Honestly, do you see a Cowboys player fairly making calls in a Philly game against the Boys?
How about a Baltimore alumnae suitin up as a ref against the Steelers

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Im not sure about having ex players bringing their biases onto the field . Knowing how much players garner hatred for opposing teams , it would be foolish to expect them to be fair.

Honestly, do you see a Cowboys player fairly making calls in a Philly game against the Boys?

True with that

fivetwos

Reaction score

Good point.

Ex athletes from other sports maybe...like track where there no real pro avenue.

And more importantly....you stink and you're gone.

These guys ref games as if the accountability is zero....which it basically is.

This is something the league doesn't consider broken, because there's nothing that supports it affecting the bottom line.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Angel Hernandez is atrocious.
I know someone who knows him personally. He is extremely arrogant.

I personally think that he is bad on purpose at times as if to throw up a middle finger to the league knowing nothing will be done.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Good point.

Ex athletes from other sports maybe...like track where there no real pro avenue.

And more importantly....you stink and you're gone.

These guys ref games as if the accountability is zero....which it basically is.

This is something the league doesn't consider broken, because there's nothing that supports it affecting the bottom line.

Exactly, they know competition and how to keep at the top of their level, so I think it would work. Plus, a lot of players forget the NFL is Not For Long. This gives them something to look forward to when their careers are done.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know someone who knows him personally. He is extremely arrogant.

I personally think that he is bad on purpose at times as if to throw up a middle finger to the league knowing nothing will be done.

He seems like he'd be a jerk. He comes across that way.