Twitter: Cowboys Have The 2nd Best Non-QB Drafting Since 2015

Creeper

Reaction score
I have no idea how this number is determined or what it means.

When I see metrics like this, I first trust my eyes.

Did Dallas have a running game, yes or no? Simple question that should get a simple answer. Anyone who watched the Cowboys play knows the answer is no. This is a "non-QB" question. Now I would ask why the Cowboys could not run the football? PFF would tell us the Cowboys have one of the best OLs in the league. But how can they be among the best if the Cowboys can't run the football? More metrics.

Look at the stats:

Dak is 1st in TD passes
1st in passes for 1st downs
2nd QB rating
2nd in 3rd down %
T2 completion %
3rd in yards passing
6 in yards/pass
Dak threw fewer INTs than playoff QBs Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy and Baker Mayfield

In the meantime, the Cowboys rushing stats are all middle of the Pack, and against good teams, much worse.

If you want to move on from Dak ignoring the real problems on this team, it is not going to get better, it is going to get much worse.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Are they? They let all their wrs walk and traded Hill. They have cheaped out in some critical areas.
But guess what. Mahomes continues to overcome that and lead his team to post season success.

Can you imagine what Dak would do with mahomes' receivers?

tomsanders921

Reaction score

Did Dallas have a running game, yes or no? Simple question that should get a simple answer. Anyone who watched the Cowboys play knows the answer is no. This is a "non-QB" question. Now I would ask why the Cowboys could not run the football? PFF would tell us the Cowboys have one of the best OLs in the league. But how can they be among the best if the Cowboys can't run the football? More metrics.

Look at the stats:

Dak is 1st in TD passes
2nd QB rating
2nd in 3rd down %
T2 completion %
3rd in yards passing
6 in yards/pass
Dak threw fewer INTs than playoff QBs Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy and Baker Mayfield

In the meantime, the Cowboys rushing stats are all middle of the Pack, and against good teams, much worse.

If you want to move on from Dak ignoring the real problems on this team, it is not going to get better, it is going to get much worse.
Dak is the best QB in the history of football against bad teams. Our defense knows how to pad their stats against those same bad teams.

He plays like an MVP until he goes up against a good defense, which is why he is such a bad playoff QB.

The problem with staying with Dak is that you know how the story ends. He will always fold in the playoffs.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
KC got rid of the best receiver in the game and with Mahomes as it's QB they are still one of the best teams in the NFL. If the Boys offed CeeDee, Prescot wouldn't be able to lead the Boys to any type of winning record.
Andy Reid doing Andy Reid things. Cheaping out on WRs is something he did in Philly also.

The difference is Patrick Mahomes is probably 1 of 2 QBs in NFL history that can produce and win in the playoffs despite his weapons.

1942willys

Reaction score

Look at the stats:

Dak is 1st in TD passes
2nd QB rating
2nd in 3rd down %
T2 completion %
3rd in yards passing
6 in yards/pass

He sucks against the best teams. All your stats do not address that.
You can claim all you want but the RESULTS show that Dak comes up small against the best teams; especially in the Playoffs

Adreme

Reaction score

For those that say we need a better team around Dak…We can’t do much better than this. If Dak can’t get to a NFCCG with this, how can we ever get to a SB?

Maybe we will be more aggressive in FA, but I just don’t see it

Except you might note that teams like the Chiefs, who are on top, and the Ravens, who are 3rd, are also not afraid to go out and trade for an impact player (in their prime) or sign them in free agency. When you try to only build with homegrown talent there is a ceiling.

Creeper

Reaction score
He sucks against the best teams. All your stats do not address that.
You can claim all you want but the RESULTS show that Dak comes up small against the best teams; especially in the Playoffs
Every QB in the leagues plays good teams and bad teams. The stats Dak accumulated are against all teams. I wont argue he does not do as well against good teams as he does against bad, but what QB does? Dak brought the team back again Miami and Detroit, only for the defense to surrender the game winning or tying score. Dak gets too much of the blame. And apparently his detractors do not want to give him credit for wins, only blame for losses.