Twitter: Cowboys helmets this Sunday

Big_D

Reaction score
Isnt that what started the whole Americas Team albatross? For the bicenntenial in 76 they had these and the annual NFL Films highlight film was named Americas Team, most likely inspired by seeing that all year. And us fans have to here crap about it from "haters" (true meaning of that word for a change) for 46 years and counting.

They wore these in 76. America’s Team was created for the 78 season highlight film.

They appear on television so often that their faces are as familiar to the public as presidents and movie stars. They are the Dallas Cowboys, "America's Team"

mrmojo

Reaction score
I love that! Do they still put their names with the tape on the bottom of the helmets? That was so unique...

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did not know the Cowboys had these! Then again I wasn't born when they were last worn lol. As an army combat veteran, I appreciate the gesture and I am sure the MoH recipients and other vets will also. Salute to any veterans in the forum as well.

Mannix

Reaction score
yuck...ugly....why play up the America's Team thing even more and get criticized about it???