Cowboys hire Shane Hauck and Piper Hampsch as Strategic Football Fellows

Gambit

Reaction score

The Data Bowl is an "annual sports analytics contest from NFL Football Operations challenges members of the analytics community – from college students to professionals – to contribute to the NFL’s continuing evolution of the use of advanced analytics. The crowd-sourced competition uses data and technology to spur innovation that results in creating new insights, making the game more exciting for fans and protecting players from unnecessary risk."

Basically a sports and Data Nerds Olympics lol.

The Finalist we hired Shane Hauck's teams entry was in setting the edge on Zone Run Plays, the overall theme of competition was on better tackling.

If you're a fellow Data Nerd you can see their submission on Kaggle.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Setting the Edge-I dont think either Quinn or our DEs cared for that.I am glad they atleast recognise it was a problem.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They make things more complicated than they need. How many analytics folk do we need to line up and win? This is pure folley.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The Data Bowl is an "annual sports analytics contest from NFL Football Operations challenges members of the analytics community – from college students to professionals – to contribute to the NFL’s continuing evolution of the use of advanced analytics. The crowd-sourced competition uses data and technology to spur innovation that results in creating new insights, making the game more exciting for fans and protecting players from unnecessary risk."

Basically a sports and Data Nerds Olympics lol.

The Finalist we hired Shane Hauck's teams entry was in setting the edge on Zone Run Plays, the overall theme of competition was on better tackling.

If you're a fellow Data Nerd you can see their submission on Kaggle.

Like Zimmer is going to listen to someone named Piper.

Gambit

Reaction score
They make things more complicated than they need. How many analytics folk do we need to line up and win? This is pure folley.
I spose to fans who aren't into analytics it could seem that way.

Others see them adding some of the top talent possible to continue to grow that department.

And some just appreciate a fellow Data Nerd landing a job in a top organization and favorite team.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys will do anything they can to win a championship except improve the roster with proven veteran talent in free agency.
100%. I can't picture season ending post mortem. Ok guys, we need to address the obvious issues. No not the run D, no not the run game or scheme, no not Dak's faltering in big spots, no Not the teams habbit of disappearing vs good road teams... its the analytics! And we need more hard disk space on our servers! ALL IN!