Twitter: Cowboys hiring Browns assistant OL coach

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When you’re changing offenses and especially blocking schemes with a veteran team, you need as many teachers with experience in the system as possible.

Columbo is a very good line coach but he’s not a zone blocking guy or a west coast guy.
Colombo is ok. I saw a lot of mistakes the Oline was committing the past 2 seasons. If he was truly as good as some claim, one would think McCarthy would have kept him at least as an Oline asst coach. Not even that happened.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giowudqcijk5eamusman.jpg

brick-heck-u8

We just hired Brick Heck as our assistant OL coach.
Brick looks like the kid from Deliverance.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel the same way but I am kind of liking how things are going. It feels different than Wade/Garrett. Wade had everything dictated, Garrett was gifted with everything. I am not saying the Jones's are stepping back and letting McCarthy "do his thing" but it feels more like that then I can remember. We'll see.
Certainly has more promise.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
When you’re changing offenses and especially blocking schemes with a veteran team, you need as many teachers with experience in the system as possible.

Columbo is a very good line coach but he’s not a zone blocking guy or a west coast guy.
McCarthy isnt a zone guy either.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I sorry.. but I’m really getting stoked ab the McCarthy era. Who knows what this all means at the end of the day..but McCarthy seems to be collectively hiring a great coaching staff that “should” at the very least give the players a chance to over achieve. It seems at this point, the players don’t have an out. Put up or shut up!

Imo.. the FO hit a homerun.

I know it’s super early, just let me have this..
yeah looking good so far, I think we fans are still in shock, and MM picking his own staff is something we have not seen
in many years.
Next step is to see what happens in draft and FA.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeah, get all his old buddies on Jerry's payroll. Its a 10 year free ride on the gravy train. At least it was for the last guy....

What a missed opportunity! I'm sure there are some young geniuses out there dying for an Assistant Offensive Line coaching gig.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Colombo is ok. I saw a lot of mistakes the Oline was committing the past 2 seasons. If he was truly as good as some claim, one would think McCarthy would have kept him at least as an Oline asst coach. Not even that happened.

Keep him as an assistant?

That's a bit of an insult to the guy. Let him seek another OL coach gig. I recall we weren't the only team interested in him last year when his contract was up.

I'm sure if he doesn't find work that he'd be welcome back in the scouting division

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't say I'm crazy about our new OL coaches. That could be the flaw in this staff. This team is built around it's offensive line and running game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This is common place for practically any staff as a new head coach takes over.

We just might find it strange because Jason Garrett was accelerated into the Cowboys cocoon and was then so insulated his whole career that he had a limited pool to choose from.

It was not about relationships he personally forged. It was more about friend of a friend of a friend. His father knew this guy, oh this friend recommended this guy.

Garrett coached for a decade and what tree can he say he developed?

Zero.

That says a lot about how much of a waste it was.
Matt Eberflus