Cowboys in firm control of NFCE

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The Cowboys essentially have a two game lead on the Eagles by virtue of the tie breaker. If the Cowboys beat the Eagles, gaining one game and maintaining the tie breaker it would be an almost insurmountable lead for the Eagles to overcome.

Sorry but when I read this post, all I'm seeing is a glorified participation trophy.

Saying you are in "firm control" of the worst division in pro football in recent memory, is kind of sad. I'd almost rather we be down with Washington and New York so we could fade into oblivion in 3 weeks rather than get our heads kicked in on national TV in a playoff game against a legitimate team.

Jipper

Reaction score
We are going to make the playoffs at 8-8 and get embarrassed in the wc round at home...have pick 24 and continue to live in mediocrity....

Or

We could just lose out let Garrett go when his contract ends and give the new coach a top 15 pick....

Honestly I never thought I’d wish for them to lose but I’m just about there

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If you don’t want to make the playoffs then start rooting for the Eagles to seize control of the division. It’s that simple.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Im a fan I want a playoff berth as silly and sad as to do it at 8-8 , ill take it..

Garett will be gone anyway unless he takes us to n NFCCG(odds say that not happening)and no way can I root for a Rival, hated rivals, no true fan should root for losses especially if it helps a rival get in the payoffs..

so ill be rooting for us to win out win the division and just hope for us to put a game together without imploding in the Playoffs.. we can beat playoff teams if we dont help the other team..season way to short and offseason way to long to want anything else.

go Cowboys!!:flagwave::oldcouple:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Cowboys essentially have a two game lead on the Eagles by virtue of the tie breaker. If the Cowboys beat the Eagles, gaining one game and maintaining the tie breaker it would be an almost insurmountable lead for the Eagles to overcome.
LOL your really trying to be positive.
The NFCE is one of the worst divisions in the history of the NFL, this year 4 teams only have 16 wins, other div have 26 wins
or more.
the tiebreaker doesnt exist yet, the 1st win over the eagles means nothing till they beat them a 2nd time.
Right now they are tied for the div lead, unless eagles lose to the giant tonight.
The sad thing is a 11-5 or 10-6 team will not make the playoffs, but the east div winner will go with a 9-7 record or worse.

I think they should have a extra week of playoffs, so the 11-5 team could play the weak div winner, and winner moves on to the
WC round. That would add extra week of playoffs, and be fair to teams in strong divisions.

Jipper

Reaction score
LOL your really trying to be positive.
The NFCE is one of the worst divisions in the history of the NFL, this year 4 teams only have 16 wins, other div have 26 wins
or more.
the tiebreaker doesnt exist yet, the 1st win over the eagles means nothing till they beat them a 2nd time.
Right now they are tied for the div lead, unless eagles lose to the giant tonight.
The sad thing is a 11-5 or 10-6 team will not make the playoffs, but the east div winner will go with a 9-7 record or worse.

I think they should have a extra week of playoffs, so the 11-5 team could play the weak div winner, and winner moves on to the
WC round. That would add extra week of playoffs, and be fair to teams in strong divisions.

wonder what the record is for fewest division wins in the modern era post realingment

DandyDon52

Reaction score
-Correction - When Cowboys beat the Bears and if the Giants somehow beat the Eagles. We would have to beat the Eagles or Commanders and we would win the East.
so much for that scenario, the bears ate the cowboys!
Next is the Rams, and chances are they will Ram the cowboys loss # 8.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, but did you watch the Rams last night?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
if you click on the link in my post there is an article on the matter.
Only three times has a division failed to produce a 10-win team or combine to win at least 25 games
Since they play each other 6 times left, then that will produce 6 more wins making 24 wins.
I am thinking there wont be a 10 win team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah, but did you watch the Rams last night?
I did, I was surprised their defense shut down Seattle like they did. I think the only TD was the pick 6.
They should beat the cowboys.
They need the win to keep their hopes up. They need to win out and hope Minn loses.

spell check for kskboys is busboys lol.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
so much for that scenario, the bears ate the cowboys!
Next is the Rams, and chances are they will Ram the cowboys loss # 8.

The Rams game doesn't even matter. They should just be watching game film on the Eagles. I'd almost let our guys sit this week and treat it like a bye.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I hate to say it but the Eagles and Cowboys have a chance to beat the Seahawks at home. Seahawks have won lots of close games.
This was the same talk last year. The thought was there was no way the Cowboys could win the WC game.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This was the same talk last year. The thought was there was no way the Cowboys could win the WC game.
Yeah Russ is so much better then Dak. The Cowboys should have just rolled over and beg for mercy.

ICP

Reaction score
Being in control of the worst division in football while still having a losing record isn't saying much

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys aren’t in firm control of anything because the wheels have come off. The team is riding a three game losing streak and has a hot Rams team coming in next Sunday that’s won two in a row. The Cowboys haven’t beaten a winning team all season so good luck against the Rams that gashed Seattle’s defense last night. If Philly wins tonight and the Cowboys lose on Sunday, the Cowboys are going to have to win their final two games to make the playoffs.