Cowboys in firm control of NFCE

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Rams game doesn't even matter. They should just be watching game film on the Eagles. I'd almost let our guys sit this week and treat it like a bye.
Well that is good way to approach it, but you know JG wont even be thinking like that, with him it is 1 thing at a time,
and this week is all about the rams.

Retro88

Reaction score
Well that is good way to approach it, but you know JG wont even be thinking like that, with him it is 1 thing at a time,
and this week is all about the rams.

Lmao, nor should he. This is a ridiculous idea.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
There’s absolutely zero chance we beat Philly in our current state. I know they’re not looking great either but how do we go into Philly with this defense? Right now this Cowboys team gets hit back once and collapses; to go into Philly it’s gonna take more.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
My gut tells me when the Cowboys head to Philly they will be in second place in the NFC East.

bysbox1

Reaction score
If Philly beating us is the only victory either team has the rest of the way, we would win the division at 6-10. ESPN Playoff Machine

And that would be a shame. That means a good 10-6 or 11-5 team gets left out. If we get in at 6-10 we do not deserve to be there regardless of the rules.

I wish the NFL would do what the NBA does and determine playoff seeds by conference and not division.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
There’s absolutely zero chance we beat Philly in our current state. I know they’re not looking great either but how do we go into Philly with this defense? Right now this Cowboys team gets hit back once and collapses; to go into Philly it’s gonna take more.

Philly just lost to the DOLPHINS, not merely in a close game, but they actually LOST. So there's no way Philly's going into any game the rest of this season (not even tonight's game) all that confident...and especially not against the Cowboys who they lost to earlier this season 37-10, a Cowboys team the week before that had lost to the winless Jets :eek:

So in all reality, no matter how badly the Cowboys are playing, they can beat the Eagles and Skins if they can't beat anyone else....and both the Eagles and Skins know this.

Thus, against the Eagles, I give the Cowboys a 50% chance, even if they look terrible against the Rams, and even if the Eagles hammer the Giants tonight.

Coy

Reaction score
My gut tells me when the Cowboys head to Philly they will be in second place in the NFC East.

Very well could be, them winning vs the Giants and Washington and Dallas losing to the Rams.
Then again, it basically makes no difference, that's almost a win and in scenario for both teams, unless something weird happens.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
And that would be a shame. That means a good 10-6 or 11-5 team gets left out. If we get in at 6-10 we do not deserve to be there regardless of the rules.

I wish the NFL would do what the NBA does and determine playoff seeds by conference and not division.

Situations like we have this year are not at all common, you shouldn't change the rules for all years just because occasionally there's a weak overall division. Only twice since the leagues merged in 1970 has the NFC East champion not had double digit wins (excluding the strike year when there were only 9 games played).

These things happen, can't overreact on a blue moon situation.