45.) DeMarcus Lawrence
52.) Tyron Smith
59.) Zack Martin
61.) Jaylon Smith
64.) Amari Cooper
74.) Leighton Vander Esch
97.) Byron Jones

Congrats!
dak prescott didn't make the list....it's legit because he sucks.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If they are talking best players--which they are--and not most valuable to their team, then there are WAY too many QBs in the top 100.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Players always get hurt. Why does one player tank the season in Dallas? Is the coaching that bad?
You should know the answer to that even though it may be more conjecture. I'm not going to bash the coaching staff. There is enough of that already.

To win the sb it really helps if you have a really good running back. Ours does more than that and he is a huge part of our offense.......Unless you have a Brady at the helm which we do not.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe we should wait till next year to sign Dak. I'd rather have to pay him 34 million next season after a banner year than to pay him 32 million this season and he stays the same or regresses. Dak played better last season but not at the level of 32 million.

I agree, but unfortunately the FO doesn't.

Sydla

Reaction score
No offense but that's offensive. If he isn't a great TE then why will he be in the Hall of Fame as one? Or do you dispute that as well? He has the opportunity this season to become the Cowboys all-time receiving leader. Don't let your dislike for Witten cloud your statements.

You confuse the point of the NFL Top 100 list. It's not a list of historical best players in the league right now. It's simply a list of the best 100 players in football heading into the 2019 season.

Jason Witten isn't that. Not even close. Was he one of the all time great TEs? Absolutely. Is he one of the 100 best players in the NFL for 2019? Nope. Largely because he's not the same player he was 6-8-10 years ago when he was arguably the best TE or Top 3 in football.

But LOL at the ridiculously stupid last comment about not letting my "dislike" for Witten cloud my judgment.

Sydla

Reaction score
Hmm. He just made the list in 2017 as 93, and has had similar quality seasons since then, so the players feel he's around the cusp. That's fine, I'd never say he's a guy who should demand a 20m$ a year contract as most of the top 100 DE's would/do. Top 150 maybe? He's good at getting in the backfield with the mysterious 'pressures' stat and a great run defender.

EDIT: They also had Graham at 109 last year in their 'just missed' list

And yet you cited the fact Quinn hasn't had 10 sacks in a season in five seasons as a reason he's not even Top 200 but Graham has similar stats for the last five years. So you either overvalue your Eagles DE or you undervalue Quinn.

Probably a bit of both.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
And yet you cited the fact Quinn hasn't had 10 sacks in a season in five seasons as a reason he's not even Top 200 but Graham has similar stats for the last five years. So you either overvalue your Eagles DE or you undervalue Quinn.

Probably a bit of both.

You’re saying Quinn is as good at non-sack things as Graham? I say he isn’t close. Prove otherwise.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You confuse the point of the NFL Top 100 list. It's not a list of historical best players in the league right now. It's simply a list of the best 100 players in football heading into the 2019 season.
I disagree. Interpretive production and statistical analysis by players from the previous season would more corroborate the order of the actual list voted by the players. Every one of these lists are simply annual "which guys are liked the most when the ballot sheet was handed out" popularity contests.

Sydla

Reaction score
You’re saying Quinn is as good at non-sack things as Graham? I say he isn’t close. Prove otherwise.

I am saying you, being an Eagles fan, kind of crapped on Quinn and used his sack total the last five years to make a claim he really isn't that good and yet when you use the same criteria for an Eagles DE, Graham and Quinn are fairly comparable.

That being said, Graham is probably the more rounded player but I don't think the gap is as big as you want to think.

Sydla

Reaction score
I disagree. Interpretive production and statistical analysis by players from the previous season would more corroborate the order of the actual list voted by the players. Every one of these lists are simply annual "which guys are liked the most when the ballot sheet was handed out" popularity contests.

Sure, but as inexact as these lists are, the intent was to list the 100 best players right now as voted by the players.

In no world would Jason Witten be viewed by stats, fans, football writers or the players as one of the 100 best players in the NFL heading into the 2019 season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where’s Dak? Lol

Ask the Dak employees I'm sure there PR Boss has given them new excuses to post here.
Dak of all people know the importance of Social Media in today's world.
Wish his throwing abilities we're as good as his PR.