45.) DeMarcus Lawrence
52.) Tyron Smith
59.) Zack Martin
61.) Jaylon Smith
64.) Amari Cooper
74.) Leighton Vander Esch
97.) Byron Jones

Congrats!
Thanks, I have been busy and could not watch. Wow, Dak will be in the top 10? :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, but as inexact as these lists are, the intent was to list the 100 best players right now as voted by the players.
I believe the annual lists have been compiled for a decade now. I would argue the league and network's intention has never been to publish a peered best players list but instead offer a shallow reality show based listing derived from a poor yet intentional conceived balloting system.
In no world would Jason Witten be viewed by stats, fans, football writers or the players as one of the 100 best players in the NFL heading into the 2019 season.
100% agree.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I am saying you, being an Eagles fan, kind of crapped on Quinn and used his sack total the last five years to make a claim he really isn't that good and yet when you use the same criteria for an Eagles DE, Graham and Quinn are fairly comparable.

That being said, Graham is probably the more rounded player but I don't think the gap is as big as you want to think.

Because they’re not the same type of player. I’d never use 50+ yard catches to define Witten’s career. Quinn isn’t as good of a run stopper as Graham, he can’t play DT like Graham, and he doesn’t get non-sack pressure like graham. For most of his career his contracts have been justified by ballooning sack totals, which have declined as he’s gotten older. So it’s fair to say that’s why Quinn isn’t too 200.

I could reference NFLN, PFF, ESPN, the people who paid Quinn vs the people who paid Graham, or even the pittance you gave up to acquire Quinn. He’s a starting caliber, veteran DE. The accolades stop about there.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You confuse the point of the NFL Top 100 list. It's not a list of historical best players in the league right now. It's simply a list of the best 100 players in football heading into the 2019 season.

Jason Witten isn't that. Not even close. Was he one of the all time great TEs? Absolutely. Is he one of the 100 best players in the NFL for 2019? Nope. Largely because he's not the same player he was 6-8-10 years ago when he was arguably the best TE or Top 3 in football.

But LOL at the ridiculously stupid last comment about not letting my "dislike" for Witten cloud my judgment.
Ridiculously stupid? I could say the same think about the way you talk as if you have a crystal ball telling you exactly how the future plays out. You don't know what you think you know. If you what to believe the crap you think then that's on you but don't expect others to. You have no idea how relevant Jason Witten will be to this 2019 team, just as you don't have any idea how relevant this 2019 Cowboys team will be to the NFL.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Analysts and fellow peers have the same opinion on Dak except the homers.

Overall he’s average. Better than average in certain areas and below average in others. In total, he’s average and some have been saying this for a few seasons now. It’s no surprise to anyone except the Dak slobberers.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Analysts and fellow peers have the same opinion on Dak except the homers.

Overall he’s average. Better than average in certain areas and below average in others. In total, he’s average and some have been saying this for a few seasons now. It’s no surprise to anyone except the Dak slobberers.
This

Outside of maybe 2/3s of this fanbase, everyone else thinks/knows this guy is as average as they come. He was the absolute worst QB in the league in those last 8 games of 2017 and first 7 games of 2018. We will be the laughingstock of the league if we give him $30m a year

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You confuse the point of the NFL Top 100 list. It's not a list of historical best players in the league right now. It's simply a list of the best 100 players in football heading into the 2019 season.

Jason Witten isn't that. Not even close. Was he one of the all time great TEs? Absolutely. Is he one of the 100 best players in the NFL for 2019? Nope. Largely because he's not the same player he was 6-8-10 years ago when he was arguably the best TE or Top 3 in football.

But LOL at the ridiculously stupid last comment about not letting my "dislike" for Witten cloud my judgment.
How good is Ezekiel Elliott headed into the 2019 season when he's in Cabo and may not play a single snap this year? Does your crystal ball have an answer to that?

Number1

Reaction score
just watched most 2018 game tape recently

the guy that jumps off the tape who's not mentioned often - Anthony Brown, that's one heck of a slot CB, run or pass

if he ever stops dropping INTs ...

Sydla

Reaction score
Ridiculously stupid? I could say the same think about the way you talk as if you have a crystal ball telling you exactly how the future plays out. You don't know what you think you know. If you what to believe the crap you think then that's on you but don't expect others to. You have no idea how relevant Jason Witten will be to this 2019 team, just as you don't have any idea how relevant this 2019 Cowboys team will be to the NFL.

You are being insane now.

Only a poster on this board would throw a hissy fit that Jason Witten isn’t thoughtnof as one of the 100 best players for 2019.

LOL

Sydla

Reaction score
How good is Ezekiel Elliott headed into the 2019 season when he's in Cabo and may not play a single snap this year? Does your crystal ball have an answer to that?

Take a break.

You are looking foolish now.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I believe the annual lists have been compiled for a decade now. I would argue the league and network's intention has never been to publish a peered best players list but instead offer a shallow reality show based listing derived from a poor yet intentional conceived balloting system.

It would still be meaningless filler and fluff, regardless of how it is put together.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would still be meaningless filler and fluff, regardless of how it is put together.
It might seem that way but I disagree. These lists have basically been a byproduct of the first names that pop in players' mind. Limit the number of players that can be voted for per position. Make all positions mandatory ballot categories. Disqualify significant injury or suspension absentees of the previous season. Factor these and a few more criteria and the voting process transforms into an actual thought provoking exercise for each voter.

That is the type of professional perspective I expect from professional athletes. More smart. Less teenaged like hero worship. Push players to really think about players and positions they do not hold in the same esteem as their favorites. That would make for a best player countdown worthy of thinking viewers in my opinion.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carson = hurt last two seasons yet still in the top 100

Dak= played every single game yet still left out :laugh:

You hate to see it o_O
What I hate to see is fans that have no concept that pay is reflective of position played and market conditions, and is not a ranking of who is best.

Only about 5-6 QBs got in, and there are about 10-12 that are higher paid than any player at another position. Do you really expect that QBs would fill the first 10-12 spots on the list because of their salary? Do you really think a player who just finished a $10MM just became a better player when he signed a $20MM contract?

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You are being insane now.

Only a poster on this board would throw a hissy fit that Jason Witten isn’t thoughtnof as one of the 100 best players for 2019.

LOL
I never advocate that Jason Wittem should be included in the top 100 this season. If you didn't jump into conversations without understanding the context with which things are being said, you wouldn't be making such assinine accusations.

Sydla

Reaction score
I never advocate that Jason Wittem should be included in the top 100 this season. If you didn't jump into conversations without understanding the context with which things are being said, you wouldn't be making such assinine accusations.

My mistake. You were arguing Witten was just outside the Top 100, which he isn't. He's not even a Top 10 TE at this point in his career and likely will be either backing up or just splitting time with Jarwin.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Carson = hurt last two seasons yet still in the top 100

Dak= played every single game yet still left out :laugh:

You hate to see it o_O
Wentz wasn’t hurt he was benched because the team played better with Foles. Wentz was healthy enough to play but go ahead and let the Pom poms fly for Wentz. I know deep down inside you want to fly Eagles fly.