Cowboys interest in Eric Weddle *Signs With Ravens*

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But isn't this supposed to be a '12-4 team' that was 'one blown call' away from being in the NFC Championship?

I just know I've heard people saying it.

18 win team breaking all forms of passing records 1 of top 5 teams in NFL history > 12-4 team 'one blown call' away from nfc championship

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Signing Weddle was too good to be true. I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But isn't this supposed to be a '12-4 team' that was 'one blown call' away from being in the NFC Championship?

Not to mention 7 years older Matt Cassell with no training camp or anything

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
That team was 1 year removed from going 16-0 in the regular season best record of all time. Little bit of a different situation

The Cowboys were one year removed from going 12-4 and real close to the NFCCG. So while that's not as good as NE don't act like they were 4-12 the year before as well. Last years NE team wouldn't have gone 1-11 minus Brady and Gronk.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys were one year removed from going 12-4 and real close to the NFCCG. So while that's not as good as NE don't act like they were 4-12 the year before as well. Last years NE team wouldn't have gone 1-11 minus Brady and Gronk.

You don't know what they would have done with no Brady and no gronk. They probably would have missed the playoffs

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'd say we're probably a 10-6 team and favored to win the East, all things being equal right now. An improved defense, including better S play since that's the easiest low-hanging fruit out there, and we'd be getting closer to that 12-4-with-some-lucky-breaks level.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
You don't know what they would have done with no Brady and no gronk. They probably would have missed the playoffs

I didn't say they'd make the playoffs but coaching alone would have won them a few games. We won ONE game minus Romo and that was helped with Jackson's boneheaded play.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't say they'd make the playoffs but coaching alone would have won them a few games. We won ONE game minus Romo and that was helped with Jackson's boneheaded play.

I agree they have much better coaching than us. Probably would have gone 7-9 with no gronk and no Brady

Dwight

Reaction score
I really wanted Weddle to become a Cowboy at the right price.

Time to move on and find some solid (but not high price) free agents. Offseason is still not over.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I really wanted Weddle to become a Cowboy at the right price.

Time to move on and find some solid but not to high price free agents. Offseason is still not over.

Yes, but as each day passes, the chances for any free agent we sign to make any sort of contribution is dwindling.

When the best out there is basically second and third tier free agents, free agency is just about wrapped up.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Yes, but as each day passes, the chances for any free agent we sign to make any sort of contribution is dwindling.

When the best out there is basically second and third tier free agents, free agency is just about wrapped up.

It doesn't matter how good they are or how much they contribute.

It only matters if they were a good bargain.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Perhaps Weddle not coming here is for the best.

I don't think the universe could have handled the beard overload if he ever collided with Frederick.