Cowboys interest in Eric Weddle *Signs With Ravens*

coult44

Reaction score
I'd take Romo without a collarbone over Flacco every day of the week. I actually think Flacco is one of the worst starting QBs in football outside of your situations in Cleveland and Houston.

With or without the ring he has?

Time to move on and find some solid (but not high price) free agents. Offseason is still not over.

Like Jasper Brinkley or Jed Collins? I keep hearing things like this, but I can't find many examples of quality low priced FA's that we've brought in lately . DMC was decent , but according to most here, anyone could have done that.

Bringing Hardy back for another incentive-laden contract would make me feel even better about the outlook defensively.

Look Idget, we do agree on some things:)

coult44

Reaction score
Dilfer has a ring, Marino doesn't. SB ring isn't a great measuring stick for a QB.

If you say so. Sure, a ring doesn't define how great he was. But it sure tarnishes his legacy if he doesn't get one. So I'll ask you a question. Would you rather have a decent QB (like Flaco, Eli, Dilfer) and some Superbowls, or an Elite QB (like Romo, Marino, Fouts) and no Superbowls?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If you say so. Sure, a ring doesn't define how great he was. But it sure tarnishes his legacy if he doesn't get one. So I'll ask you a question. Would you rather have a decent QB (like Flaco, Eli, Dilfer) and some Superbowls, or an Elite QB (like Romo, Marino, Fouts) and no Superbowls?

This post makes me want to puke.

Would you rather have your arms cut off and die, or your head cutoff and live?

coult44

Reaction score
This post makes me want to puke.

Would you rather have your arms cut off and die, or your head cutoff and live?

Every post that you don't agree with makes you puke. Typical response though, none...

coult44

Reaction score
Only posts with excessive alcohol content make me puke.

Says the guy with the mega death picture with the saying standing in the closet with a knife talking about pooping on our porch on his profile page . LOL

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Says the guy with the mega death picture with the saying standing in the closet with a knife talking about pooping on our porch on his profile page . LOL

It's Megadeth and the pictures are Iron Maiden. :) btw, I did poop on your porch and I am in your closet with a knife.

coult44

Reaction score
It's Megadeth and the pictures are Iron Maiden. :) btw, I did poop on your porch and I am in your closet with a knife.

And you are drunk here most of the time , while your telling is we are; LOL

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It looks like the red headed genius mucked up the chance to get him. Had they not dragged their feet on an offer he likely would have been all about going to Dallas.
---------------------

Many people close to Weddle were hoping he would sign with the Cowboys. He has a soft spot for them, as they were his favorite team when he was a kid. Dallas head coach Jason Garrett and assistant head coach Rich Bisaccia had been calling and texting Weddle since the opening bell of free agency. But the Cowboys had dragged their feet on making an offer.

On Sunday, Canter called teams to tell them they were being eliminated from consideration.
Among the eliminated were two teams that Weddle didn't think were positioned to win. In fact, one of them offered Weddle his most lucrative deal, Canter said.

Then the Cowboys jumped in, making an offer that was almost identical to the Ravens'.

Weddle was overwhelmed. He decided to unwind with five of his high school buddies over a game of Tom Clancy's The Division. As they threw grenades and placed sticky bombs, they discussed Weddle's future in their headsets. Four of them thought he should go to Dallas.

"They were arguing about it," Weddle said. "I couldn't get in a word. I was sitting there, listening."

On Sunday night, Canter made counteroffers to the Cowboys and Ravens. The Ravens increased their offer within 30 minutes.

The Cowboys said they were not prepared to up their offer, but Garrett called Weddle, trying to get him to visit Dallas before making a decision.

Weddle and his wife talked for about an hour before heading to bed. Then they talked for another hour in bed.

Chanel fell asleep, and Eric stayed awake until about 1 a.m., staring at the ceiling and deliberating the Cowboys and Ravens. He kept going back to a few thoughts. The Ravens made the playoffs six of the last eight years. They have a strong culture. They handled the negotiating process professionally and sensitively. And they really wanted him.

Finally, he drifted off to sleep.

"Every time I woke up, I was dreaming about Baltimore," he said. "Baltimore kept popping in my head."

When he rolled out of bed Monday morning, he knew. And he felt a calm about it. He told Chanel he wanted to be a Raven. She agreed it was the right choice. So did Canter.

"When your heart tells you something, you have to go with it," Weddle says.

http://www.cowboysown.com/forums/sh...e-We-Really-Wanted-Weddle&p=288766#post288766

Kevinicus

Reaction score

If those were the 2 choices, of course the SB. But those aren't realistic choices. If the SB came with a decent QB, it's more than likely coming with an elite QB as well, especially when the decent QBs are making as much or more than the Elite QB.

The real choice is, would you take a decent QB and a solid to very good defense with a great pass rush, or an elite QB and a terrible defense and no pass rush?