Fredbeard

Reaction score
Jeff heath will be in the ring of honor before
Jimmy johnson.

Can we keep Tyrone Crawford, too?
Pretty please

DRella

Reaction score
No harm in bringing Heath back as a backup and special teams player. He would be an above average backup and great player on the special teams as he always has been.

Playing the majority of snaps for the Cowboys at safety is a non-starter. But in a defined limited role, I definitely bring him back.

Verdict

Reaction score
Ideally Heath would be depth at both safety spots, having a starter at both positions in front of him bu he is not the weakest link on this defense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's going to be funny when Heath signs with some team like New England and is a starter for the Super Bowl winner...

Surround Heath with great talent and even greater coaching like James Washington had on the early nineties Super Bowl teams and Heath can be the Washington type player.

Put Heath on some garbage defenses like in recent years and you'll get a player that fans love to hate...

quickccc

Reaction score
Safety is a top priority in the first two rounds with or without Heath.

Like many others said, he's a good backup, good special teams player. Starter? No.

" when' Byron departs in FA, I tend to think CB instantly fire rockets to the top - even over safety, imo.
and we know DL is still top priority with Maliek likely departing, Crawford's status unknown, and then JAGs and scrubs after that.

It's way too tough to have to address so many position needs in just one offseason. and again with a team that wants dearly to be more closer to a Win-now mode,
they may reach out to some of these UFA guys - Heath and Anthony Brown may be sought out to return.

That's why I could see the team hope of getting the "serviceable" like contract to Heath, while an eventual replacement comes about.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He was the only player on defense who improved last year but he was still below average at best. I like his heart though. I know he wont turn into a dlaw or jaylon.