Twitter: Cowboys interested in JPP?

superonyx

Reaction score
We need pass rush badly.
No way we can count on Demarcus Lawrence.
Do we want to pay franchise money for JPP who had 7 sacks this season?
I wish pressures were the standard instead of just sacks since sacks are so dependent on corners covering ect.
I'm torn

reddyuta

Reaction score
Why not?

Because he wants to resign with the NYG and they want him back.

Not going to happen for the Cowboys.

On top of that his game has regressed, he had a couple very good games in 2016 and in the rest he gained like 2 sacks.

Pass.
He wants a multi year contract, giants will be unwilling to shell out another 80 million on a DE.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Funny that he has had his best games against the Cowboys and we see him as all-world. Guess compared to our mediocre pass rushers, he would be an upgrade; but no thanks......too much money and inconsistent, we got one already like that-----Tyrone Crawford. Forgot, D Lawrence too.

robjay04

Reaction score
Why not?

On top of that his game has regressed, he had a couple very good games in 2016 and in the rest he gained like 2 sacks.

Pass.

I think there are slim chances he resigns with NYG. He could easily ask for a similar deal as Vernon and could feel offended if he didn't get it. He would make much more on the market with a weak FA DE class.

Giants are going to have to make Odell the highest paid receiver in the league as early as this offseason and a year from now, they will likely have to do the same with their stud safety.

I think the Giants would be wise to focus more on offense, specifically running back. I could see them kicking the tires on Peterson if he hit the market.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The Giants likely have to cut ties with either JPP or Hankins.

I think you take Hankins if you're Dallas. Solidify that middle with he and Malik.

I think JPP is a Giant for Life type player that would do poorly here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not?

Pass.

I think he's still a disruptor, but he made $10 million this year and he's stated he's looking for the big, multi-year deal. I'm not interested in that and I doubt the Cowboys are either. Besides, the Giants will have more cap room to keep him that the Cowboys will to get him, even if they wanted to.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he's still a disruptor, but he made $10 million this year and he's stated he's looking for the big, multi-year deal. I'm not interested in that and I doubt the Cowboys are either. Besides, the Giants will have more cap room to keep him that the Cowboys will to get him, even if they wanted to.

I think Allison and Sheard are better targets.