Twitter: Cowboys interested in LB Nicholas Morrow

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Nicolas Morrow…come on down! You’re the next contestant on the PRICE IS RIGHT!”

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
If you're not new to the game, you kind of have an idea of how we view and approach free agency. I'm not agreeing with it, but we don't go deep sea fishing. We stay close to the edge and use worms for our prey. Unless we change our tune, don't get too excited for big game, be prepared for the rabbits and squirrels. Then, we draft mediocre talent in areas of need and wait to see who will actually play in games. It's a vicious cycle that we've been going through for over 25 years.
That hasn’t worked.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The good news is that it looks like he might be better at that coverage role than Neal is. I think Cox could be as well, but he might get the LVE role. It's also possible if we sign Morrow that both he and Cox could be the linebackers out there in the nickel with Parsons at end.

He looks identical to a younger version of Neal.

Jabril Cox also projects to be a replacement for Neal.

Neither of them appear built for the 2021 LVE role.
- Quinn had LVE playing as a stack-and-shed LB. The Bill Parcells style.
- That made it possible to play Parsons as a rover without defined gap responsibilities.
- Marinelli only coached the run-and-hit style.
- Both Mike Nolan and Quinn tried playing Jaylon as stack-and-shed but that failed.
- Quinn rotated Neal and LVE based on pass or run.
- In games that Parsons primarily played DE, Neal was over-exposed vs the run.
- Jabril Cox in the preseason gave up more big plays but was also near the top in big plays made.
- The bonus with LVE was that he could cover TEs which is an issue for many stack-and-shed type LBs.
- Parcells' stack-and-shed LB Bradie James couldn't cover Nate Newton running a pass route.

They're highly likely to draft an off-ball LB in the top 3 rounds, IMO.

cowboyec

Reaction score
if this is the type we're looking at...just bring back LvE...he can't be that expensive.
personally,i'd love to get rashaan evans.
but i'm not expecting it.