Twitter: Cowboys Interested in S Kazee

fivetwos

Reaction score
Can either spend the money on a solid player to fix the decade plus long problem....or keep trying to cheat.

Get what you pay for.

If Kazee ends up being the big solution when all is said and done, at least I won't have those same false hopes I have every summer.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Will he accept Stephen’s honest offer of unlimited nachos and a one weekend stay on the yacht?
Sometimes I truly believe they still think everyone wants to be a Dallas Cowboy.

That ship sailed long before the yacht arrived.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Eh? Safeties don't provide run support?

This defense typically calls for a strong safety who can play almost like an extra linebacker and a free safety who plays more like a corner.

Yes, you want the free safety to stop the run if it comes to him, but he's mostly playing center field and has to be able to cover some ground to handle his main responsibility of stopping the pass. Because you need a primary cover guy at that position, possibly your most important cover guy, it should be no surprise when his run-stopping skills are no better than a corner's.

Anyone basing Kazee's ability to play safety on him not stopping Zeke is judging him the wrong way.

Carson

Reaction score
Can either spend the money on a solid player to fix the decade plus long problem....or keep trying to cheat.

Get what you pay for.

If Kazee ends up being the big solution when all is said and done, at least I won't have those same false hopes I have every summer.

At this point, best case is sign Kazee and draft Grant / Moehrig. We aren’t going to get Harris or Johnson.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
just like he was here, he's good as a rotational guy...he's not a difference maker though...Hopefully i'm wrong about Kazee and he runs away with the starter job (if we sign him)

Kazee should have made the Pro Bowl the year he had seven interceptions. He came back the next year with three. The only question with him is how he will do coming off an Achilles' injury. He's an upgrade to what we've been putting out there. That's not saying he's great, but there's quite a bit difference between signing him and signing Clinton Dix.

fivetwos

Reaction score
At this point, best case is sign Kazee and draft Grant / Moehrig. We aren’t going to get Harris or Johnson.
I agree with you.

Elliott and Smith are the reasons we can't sign a real safety, so they both need to step the hell up and their coach needs to make that clear (although he would be laughed at when he left the room because everyone knows the HC in Dallas is meaningless).

If they end up with Moehrig, all is well.

In fairness, the offseason should be judged as a whole when its over. Im just skeptical and with good reason.

I'm very much hoping for the best.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We've needed a safety for 20 years.
I would still draft one of:

Sterns
Holland
Grant
Moerhrig would have to be a trade down pick, however if they spend decent money on Kazee, I can't see them using a 1st on S as well given their past history. I think you'd probably look for someone like Sterns in late 3rd-5th rounds.

Carson

Reaction score
I would still draft one of:

Sterns
Holland
Grant

Moerhrig would have to be a trade down pick, however if they spend decent money on Kazee, I can't see them using a 1st on S as well given their past history. I think you'd probably look for someone like Sterns in late 3rd-5th rounds.

Kazee will be cheap. Especially coming off of an injury.

slick325

Reaction score
Hope he will be fully recovered because the role of the FS in Cover 3 requires having wheels to cover ground!

kumizi

Reaction score
Stephen gonna Stephen

He will sign 5-6 ******* veterans instead of 2-3 good ones and sell us that all their holes are now covered so they can pick BPA in the draft.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I would like to see a defense built upon turnovers. Sure well give up points.... but if you can create extra possessions for this offense a game that’s a great thing.

diggs is a ballhawk.... this guy could be as well. Now go and draft another safety or cb that’s a ballhawk.

at least our secondary has an identity. If we can be in the 15 range defense while chasing turnovers I’ll take it

LittleD

Reaction score
Falcons fans are saying he gets burned a lot but also gets picks

Yessir, he's a crispy critter from being burned so much. Tyreek will toast him play after play, down after down. Another "Blue Light" Kmart special.

DRella

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with this if they sign him on the cheap. This guy was an above average defender 2 years ago prior to his injury. Low risk high reward defender if he comes back as before. Pair that with him playing under Quinn previously, it has the makings of good signing. Personally I would rather have Neal, but we have Wilson that hits hard and plays the run. We need more of a coverage S or slot CB.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
If he’s cheap he’s right up our alley. This means we will kick the can down the road again on the Safety position. Oh well...

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I wouldn’t like this signing unless it’s vet minimum. Achilles is risky. Sounds like the annual vet safety that’ll be cut in training camp.
Something near that and one of our top 4 picks being spent on a free safety.