Twitter: Cowboys interview Jalen Hurts

reddyuta

Reaction score
at draft time 4 years ago i thought Prescott was not good enough but he was way better than connor Cook and i was thankful we didnt draft him.imo Hurts is not as good as Dak as a passer but he way better runner.If we draft him its not as a backup.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'm guessing they are think Hurts may be there in the 4th or later.

Rayman70

Reaction score
hurts is really inaccurate...much better on his deep ball when he moves. Earliest I take him is round 4. We have too many other needs.

Skillit

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a bit if they took him in round three.

Overview
Like Tim Tebow, Hurts is a winning dual-threat quarterback known for his strength, toughness and character. Hurts is a more accurate passer and better runner than Tebow but is inconsistent as a decision-maker and tends to break the pocket when throws are there to be made. His deep-ball touch and intermediate accuracy improved this year so teams may see him as a developmental talent who will keep getting better in the right scheme. He'll struggle to beat NFL defenses from the pocket, but his ability to grind out yards on the ground and make off-schedule plays should make him a solid backup with upward mobility.

Strengths
  • Finished with 38-4 record as a starter
  • Tremendous leadership qualities
  • Extremely tough and durable
  • Shows poise to make plays late in games
  • Has experience in a variety of schemes
  • Able to step and drive with adequate velocity
  • Uses athletic ability and strength to elude pocket pressure
  • Play extender who can make big plays on the move
  • Good accuracy on intermediate passes
  • Capable as rollout passer
  • Talented, powerful runner from direct snap and RPO
  • Leg drive to move piles and fall forward behind his pads
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jalen-hurts?id=32194855-5276-7022-85cf-a74490936f42

All of this— and how he handled losing his job (with class) transferring schools and restructuring his mechanics while checking his ego only to lead one of the most prolific and effective air attacks in college football.

I’d overdraft him. I like Dak, but the price tag doesn’t equal production and he doesn’t accept a smaller number for a better team to be built around him (can’t blame him there) for championship contention.

If Hurts can continue to develop- he has the ability to replace what Dak currently is.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
at draft time 4 years ago i thought Prescott was not good enough but he was way better than connor Cook and i was thankful we didnt draft him.imo Hurts is not as good as Dak as a passer but he way better runner.If we draft him its not as a backup.
Hurts is just as good as Dak as a passer coming out of college and a better runner.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Interesting.........one thing I've heard about this kid is character and leadership is off the chart.

I’d love to have him as a backup to Dak. He’s not going to get a starting job anywhere but there are teams with unproven or aging started that could take a **** at him

I expect him to go in the third round. A team like Jacksonville or the Colts maybe.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Your assessment is inaccurate
I WATCHED 2 GAMES WHERE HE CONSTANTLY MISSED WIDE OPEN GUYS UNDERNEATH. We can agree to disagree I guess. He's sloppy...but other times when hes on, hes unstoppable. He is a NFL PROJECT in my opinion. There's a reason hes projected round 3 or later by experts.

BigD5

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts cannot play QB. He doesn’t know how to make reads fast enough for college. Much less the NFL. Strong arm. Great character. Average accuracy. Zero ability to read defenses or anticipate throws

He CANNOT play. Don’t waste your time drafting him