Twitter: Cowboys interview Jalen Hurts

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I WATCHED 2 GAMES WHERE HE CONSTANTLY MISSED WIDE OPEN GUYS UNDERNEATH. We can agree to disagree I guess. He's sloppy...but other times when hes on, hes unstoppable. He is a NFL PROJECT in my opinion. There's a reason hes projected round 3 or later by experts.
Wow a whole 2 games.....my bad

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wow a whole 2 games.....my bad
when you are talking a starter for Dallas, THAT can't happen. There are any other games where he won the game, but was really sloppy...his mechanics,reads. Now as a project,or back up I would def. take him. I'm not the only one saying this. Maybe he will be special some day, but he has a ton of work to do.

basel90

Reaction score
i bet he can beat Dak in accuracy and poise and making plays with his legs. Hurts is a beast and a champion weight lifter . Most importantly he is a winner . That second half 25 point comeback at Baylor for an Oklahoma win was tremendous .

Rayman70

Reaction score
i bet he can beat Dak in accuracy and poise and making plays with his legs. Hurts is a beast and a champion weight lifter . Most importantly he is a winner . That second half 25 point comeback at Baylor for an Oklahoma win was tremendous .
HEY, I WOULD BE THE FIRST GUY TO APPLAUD TOO.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Who said they would draft him as a QB? How about 3rd WR/slot......or Percy Harvin mode. Remember MM said get me,, football players, I'll figure it out from there. This kid brings to the kind of character and leadership you want on your team.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hurt is likely to be taken in the second or third round of 2020's showcase, and while it's natural for Jones to do his homework, it makes no sense for the Cowboys to select a QB that high when he's fully committed to Prescott.

In fact, the Cowboys actively posting such a video lends itself to the idea they're not fully sold on Dak.

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0OeyzIhO?s=a99&pd=031p68Fu

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I WATCHED 2 GAMES WHERE HE CONSTANTLY MISSED WIDE OPEN GUYS UNDERNEATH. We can agree to disagree I guess. He's sloppy...but other times when hes on, hes unstoppable. He is a NFL PROJECT in my opinion. There's a reason hes projected round 3 or later by experts.
You sure that wasn’t tape of Dak??? Sounds like he’d fit in great here with the missing wide open guys underneath lol

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Idk about trying to hit lightning in the bottle twice. I’m not totally sold on Dak but for a 4th rounder he turned out pretty good. If Hurts is drafted earlier than the 4th, it’ll be confusing as hell. Kind of gonna need to pivot because it’ll be a different story than a Cooper Rush.

kskboys

Reaction score
You would lose that bet. Hurts has consistently shown "zip code accuracy". He was extremely inaccurate in the Senior Bowl, which is often a great portent of things to come.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He could be. The argument can be made that Dak was the best QB in the 2016 draft.

Hard for me to choose between Hurts/Tua/Herbert/Love. All 4 have huge question marks. Burrow looks to be the best in my opinion. However, he played on a stacked LSU team. Put Hurts on that LSU team and I think they still win the Championship. Burrow has the bad luck of spending the first 5 years of his career in Cincinnati, the cheapest team in the league. Burrow will get no help.

If Hurts lucks out and gets drafted by a team with a lot of talent and a coach who knows how to maximize his talent, I think he could easily be the most successful of the QB class even if he might not be the best.

Hurts lost his 'job' and team to Tua and may get the last laugh when all is said and done. I do not think Tua is all that good and I don't see him being able to take hits from players or the ground.
My bet’s on Love. Just a hunch.

BigD5

Reaction score

Watch the TD play to Ridley. Ridley is wide open. Right in front of Hurts face and he either doesn’t see him or can’t make the throw. Eventually he scrambles around and throws the TD but all that was unnecessary if he just hits him at the beginning of the play.

That is the perfect example of Hurts career. He cannot anticipate or see defenses because in college they are too fast for him

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
My bet’s on Love. Just a hunch.

Love has some question marks also. Has he seen real competition? Was he a 4 year starter? Did he not throw a lot of interceptions his senior year. Did he not put up better numbers as a junior than a senior?

basel90

Reaction score
You would lose that bet. Hurts has consistently shown "zip code accuracy". He was extremely inaccurate in the Senior Bowl, which is often a great portent of things to come.
agree he is not very accurate, but have you seen Dak's accuracy when he faces decent defenses ? heck , he could not do it against the jets or bears. Not to mention crucual bad throws against the saints, patriots and eagles in the finale. Hurts has other attributes he brings to the team that dak lacks.

kskboys

Reaction score
agree he is not very accurate, but have you seen Dak's accuracy when he faces decent defenses ? heck , he could not do it against the jets or bears. Not to mention crucual bad throws against the saints, patriots and eagles in the finale. Hurts has other attributes he brings to the team that dak lacks.
If he can't pass, those attributes don't matter.