News: Cowboys: Jerry Jones is responsible for the debacle in Big D

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: Jerry Jones is responsible for the debacle in Big D
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/10/29/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-responsible-debacle/

*(Want to call a card a card? First off, handle this topic with respect and as an adult fan...not a bunch of burn barrel buddies supporting a more important ripple socializing. One might also try reading the OP article...)

Jerry Jones is responsible for what has plagued the Cowboys for nearly 25 years. And why Dallas essentially a .500 team during that time. Jerry has excelled at selling the brand of the Dallas Cowboys. In the process he has made millions for the NFL and his fellow owners.

Is it really a stretch that Jones entered the Hall of Fame on his ability to print money, as opposed to putting a sustained, winning product on the field? His teams haven’t advanced beyond the divisional round since their last Super Bowl win in 1995.

To understand why there has been such an extended period of mediocrity, let’s dive into the past to see just how much it affected the future. It all began with the bitter Jimmy Johnson divorce and culminated with the hiring Garrett...

silvrNblue

Reaction score
LOL... IF you were around for the Landry years and how Jerrah "fired" him, and then went on to drive Jimmy J out, you have know since the buy out by Jerrah who the real *** problem has been in big D. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Sydla

Reaction score
Would not want any other owner in charge of our Cowboys. Period.

LOL. I can think of a few. Robert Kraft. Paul Allen (RIP).

Jones MIGHT be a great owner if that's all he was. An owner. But he's also the GM who has hurt this franchise over the last 22 years with his decision making.

You can't separate the two no matter how much you want to. And anyone who is fair and honest would admit that the run since the 1996 SB has been pretty poor.

Ken

Reaction score
LOL. I can think of a few. Robert Kraft. Paul Allen (RIP).

Jones MIGHT be a great owner if that's all he was. An owner. But he's also the GM who has hurt this franchise over the last 22 years with his decision making.

You can't separate the two no matter how much you want to. And anyone who is fair and honest would admit that the run since the 1996 SB has been pretty poor.
You also can't separate the fact that he won 3 super bowls.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Same stuff I've seen regurgitated on here and other Dallas forums forever.

None of this stuff is new.

Sydla

Reaction score
You also can't separate the fact that he won 3 super bowls.

You can when he won 3 SBs in tandem with Jimmy Johnson and since that partnership dissolved and the team they built dissolved, he's won ZERO championships - conference or SB. And he won those over 2 decades ago.

He has like 5 playoff wins in 22 years under his sole guidance as GM.

You are so in the tank for anything Cowboys it's almost comical. But that was obvious when you essentially claimed you'd want no other owner over Jones. Not even the one that has led arguably the greatest dynasty this league has ever seen in New England.

EDIT: I gave him too much credit. The Cowboys only have 3 playoff wins in the last 22 seasons under Jones. Three. That's it. In 22 years. But yeah, job really well done by Jerry the GM.

CCBoy

Reaction score
LOL... IF you were around for the Landry years and how Jerrah "fired" him, and then went on to drive Jimmy J out, you have know since the buy out by Jerrah who the real *** problem has been in big D. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

If one was actually informed, he would know that a condition of the purchase of the Dallas Cowboys was the removal of Tom Landry as their head coach. There was a higher offer on the table but with the intention to retain Tom Landry...The handling of notification was done by the then current ownership group, per their request.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
If one was actually informed, he would know that a condition of the purchase of the Dallas Cowboys was the removal of Tom Landry as their head coach. There was a higher offer on the table but with the intention to retain Tom Landry...The handling of notification was done by the then current ownership group, per their request.
Ohh please.. spare me the "I'm a life long fan and know more then you do. I don't and Anyone who lived during the Landry years could give 2 ***** what "transpired and how" when it came to letting Tom go. So you just keep puffing Jerrahs pipe man, I could care less who actually pulled the trigger, it was HOW it was done period.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some more stats to chew on.

Since we last won a SB:

- 3 playoff wins
- 6 division titles in 22 years
- 8 playoff appearances in 22 years
- Zero champ game appearances
- Zero SB appearances

But other than that............ yeah Jerry did a fantastic job.