Cowboys LB Damone Clark: 'Huge' in Coach Dan Quinn Defense?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Another player to keep an eye on for his progress. Quite a few to see how they improve in year 2 or 3.
If Clark, Williams and Bland can make that big jump this year.....and have O and Mazi bring it their first year, Dallas has gots themselves a great D in the making. We know what Micah, DLaw, Diggs, Gilmore, Kearse and Wilson got..... Expect big things.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Cowboys LB Damone Clark: 'Huge' in Coach Dan Quinn Defense?​

Second year linebacker Damone Clark could be thrust into a starting role alongside Leighton Vander Esch, but is he ready to grab this opportunity with both hands?

Regarding feel-good stories of last season, it was hard to look past Dallas Cowboys rookie linebacker Damone Clark. The former LSU standout was coming off spinal fusion surgery in March and, a mere seven months later, in October, was taking meaningful snaps in an NFL game.

In his debut against the Chicago Bears, Clark showed flashes of his talent as he filled in for the injured Anthony Barr. Clark registered five tackles in what was an assured performance.

Now, at OTA's wrap-up and minicamp and training camp on the horizon, could Clark be readying himself to partner Leighton Vander Esch in Dan Quinn's unit next season? It sure looks like it.

Read more: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...defense-leighton-vander-esch-minicamp-starter
The guy needs to show more than he did last season and hoping he does. It was pretty meh.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The guy needs to show more than he did last season and hoping he does. It was pretty meh.
I was a linebacker in college and Clark is talented on a professional level. He is committed on the work and has good leadership around him and will gain that trait as well. He is fully team directed on the carpet.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is the guy, I predict, will have the greatest 2nd year leap for the Cowboys.

As a rookie, not only was he unfamiliar with NFL play, but he never had the training camp work and I'm sure he was tentative in the ways he used his body.

Now that he is having a full offseason of work and participating in all practices, I'm sure the light is coming on.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Because even his college film didn't show any great instincts. He reportedly ran faster than micah. Where on film do you see it? Name the play.
I don't think that you are part of the great scouting department for the Dallas Cowboys, now are you? They have built this team up using their own drafted players. I suppose you now are calling them lame as well?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I don't think that you are part of the great scouting department for the Dallas Cowboys, now are you? They have built this team up using their own drafted players. I suppose you now are calling them lame as well?
Clark needs to play well enough so we aren't begging for LVE to return like he's Fred Warner lol

T-RO

Reaction score
I totally agree.

He was hesitant in many aspects of his game.

Training camp and preseason should certainly help the young man.
I've heard that linebacker is perhaps the most difficult position to learn in the NFL. So a rookie being hesitant isn't surprising.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Clark needs to play well enough so we aren't begging for LVE to return like he's Fred Warner lol
Just so you would know, I'm glad we have him because he earns my respect and is a good linebacker.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Clark's processing speed worries me. He is whiteboard smart - watch him continually point out offensive play designs at LSU - and he has no fear of contact. But he seemed to be playing a step behind everything last year.

There's plenty of alibis for a rookie LB on a blown wheel. But I see him as an NFL JAG until proven otherwise, simply because we have never seen him make any plays. It's all projection right now.