Twitter: Cowboys' LB DeMarvion Overshown had surgery to repair torn ACL

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I know all the Longhorn fans feel different, but I wouldn't put too much hype into his future. Was injured every year in college, has this one now... even if he comes back 100%, doesn't look like his body can take the linebacker weekly beat-up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Still kind of surprised it took that. Its been over a month right? You would figure the swelling would go down well before that
first of all I'm not sure why this thread was needed we already know he had an ACL injury and he was gonna have surgery but yes it has a lot to do with swelling but also scheduling I mean it's not just a whole bunch of spots open once you get the swelling down and you have follow up MRI's sometimes it takes a little while..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still kind of surprised it took that. Its been over a month right? You would figure the swelling would go down well before that
And medical professional availability? Just because you're ready doesn't mean your preferred doctor is available.

Just throwing that out there, I don't really know beyond what is posted. lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And medical professional availability? Just because you're ready doesn't mean your preferred doctor is available.

Just throwing that out there, I don't really know beyond what is posted. lol
That is a good point. I cannot say how many same day surgery cases I have seen rescheduled or delayed for just that reason.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Makes me think a possible infection may have slowed the swelling due to inflammation.

I attended the Jerry Jones College of Medicine. Holiday Inn Express is so overrated by comparison.
It wasnt an open injury, very unlikely there was an infection (why would there be). The swelling from initial trauma usually goes down in around a week, that’s why breaks get splinted for a few days before an ORIF, unless it’s open and needs immediate repair. In this case, a ligament tear, don’t know why it took so long, unless surgeon wasn’t available?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasnt an open injury, very unlikely there was an infection (why would there be). The swelling from initial trauma usually goes down in around a week, that’s why breaks get splinted for a few days before an ORIF, unless it’s open and needs immediate repair. In this case, a ligament tear, don’t know why it took so long, unless surgeon wasn’t available?
True. It is very unlikely but possible. One advantage, of reading countless patients' medical records and doctor's documentation, is that some closed wounds' inflammation is due to a pre-existing bodily infection.

I cannot put a figure on the number of times a cancelled patient chart has crossed one of my record analysts' desks. A nurse or surgeon writes on a pre-operative document something like 'Case cancelled due to a cold' or keys in 'Patient discharged home/call in ___________ prescription/return to office in one week for re-evaluation of infection' for their discharge instructions. So, it does happen.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
True. It is very unlikely but possible. One advantage, of reading countless patients' medical records and doctor's documentation, is that some closed wounds' inflammation is due to a pre-existing bodily infection.

I cannot put a figure on the number of times a cancelled patient chart has crossed one of my record analysts' desks. A nurse or surgeon writes on a pre-operative document something like 'Case cancelled due to a cold' or keys in 'Patient discharged home/call in ___________ prescription/return to office in one week for re-evaluation of infection' for their discharge instructions. So, it does happen.
Well, if he had another illness they would cancel it or for some other issue, I was thinking you were talking about an infection in the knee, which I wouldn’t see happening as it was a closed injury.