Twitter: Cowboys' LB DeMarvion Overshown had surgery to repair torn ACL

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And medical professional availability? Just because you're ready doesn't mean your preferred doctor is available.

Just throwing that out there, I don't really know beyond what is posted. lol
Bingo!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, if he had another illness they would cancel it or for some other issue, I was thinking you were talking about an infection in the knee, which I wouldn’t see happening as it was a closed injury.
I am not a doctor so allow me to do this instead. The following is from healthline.com:

Knee infections can come about from injuries, surgeries, Staphylococcus infections, and infections elsewhere in your body.

This is a link to the entire article: https://www.healthline.com/health/infected-knee#causes

Infections can originate in one part of the body, travel via the bloodstream, and relocate to another part of the body, including joints (e.g. knees). :)

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
I am not a doctor so allow me to do this instead. The following is from healthline.com:

Knee infections can come about from injuries, surgeries, Staphylococcus infections, and infections elsewhere in your body.

This is a link to the entire article: https://www.healthline.com/health/infected-knee#causes

Infections can originate in one part of the body, travel via the bloodstream, and relocate to another part of the body, including joints (e.g. knees). :)
i would bet it’s a scheduling thing, I don’t see this young man having bacteremia (which would be the source of the knee infection spread) out of nowhere, no risk factor for septic arthritis (RA on meds, chronic knee issues etc), no artificial joint to get infected (bacteria love artificial joints and valves). Even if he has cellulitis of the knee, that’s an external skin issue, but it could work its way into the skin layers and knee I suppose. Either way, happy he got it fixed and can start the recovery lol.

I love talking medicine though, it’s all I’ve ever wanted to do really lol.

Hadenough

Reaction score
That was a long wait since injury and surgery. Maybe he had personal stuff to take care of. It sure didn't take Rodgers long to have surgery on his Achilles.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

I said it when he was draft he was gonna be the steal of this draft and still believe that. Kid was starting to look like a beast making plays. They can leave him this size and maybe take over for Kearse but why Kearse should be a cowboy for years more. Or bulk him up a little and go strictly LBer with Clark. Clark and Overshown would be an insane amount of range on the 2nd level. They have the speed and ability to lock down hash to sideline and the physicality to stop the run. Seems they've actually rubbed off on vandertoo.