Cowboys LB'ers 2020

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think that’s an unfair assessment of Jaylon, he’s played behind a terrible defensive line and has to clean up their crap. If the Dline could stop the run, we would be singing a different tune when it comes to Jaylon.
how can you say that? the tape clearly show he isn't a good player. sure, we hope to put the LBers in a better position by improving the DL but it doesn't change their talent. he simply isn't a starting level NFL player.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Man that really was quite the defensive scheme Nolan was running. From what I can tell the scheme involved the following:

1. No need to win one on one battles at the LOS.
2. No need to prepare for games. No need to anticipate plays. Just stand there and wait until something has already happened then chase the ball carrier.
3. No need to shed blocks and make tackles. If you get blocked then it is too late.

Hard to imagine we actually ran a defense for a full year that embodied these types of priciples.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
yes when you see Sean Lee taking bad angles and picking the wrong holes, something's wrong, we all know hes smart and when helathy a great LB, none of our defenders looked like themselves for whatever reason..a full step or more late

porous middle , turnstiles at DT position had something to do, but Jaylon is sigh :facepalm: , so many wrong angles , bad recognition and pursuits, I am hoping with a marginally improved DT play some of the LB woes will clear up automatically.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Vander Esch showed some real signs of being special and I still have hope for him but Smith never has been special. He's supposed to make the most tackles and preferably more for a loss instead of being the LB to lead the league in tackles for gain.

No question the scheme of the DC affects the LB's probably more than any other position on the D so we'll see if Quinn can help them.

hes led the team in tackles the last two seasons.

has a Pro Bowl.

3rd in NFL tackles.

20 career TFL.

at least he tries. 8/