Cowboys lead NFL in total attendance for 15th straight season

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Exactly. Jerry's subsequent moves after that comment have been the opposite of "all in". No changes at GM, and the coaching staff hires have been total face palms.

If he thinks the fans are mad now, just wait till after that opening game against SF.
The beauty of our fans is that they are resilient. We can take a kick in the gut in the post season and come back the next year as hopefully as ever.

Redline360

Reaction score
Jerry stays winning. All he cares about is keeping that printing press going

No need to change his ways

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
When your stadium holds 15,000 to 20,000 more fans than most stadiums. Or even more than that. That will help.
I think Jerry should get more credit for this than anything else. Just having the seats doesn’t necessarily guarantee sellouts. Dallas sold out games in 6-10 2020, 5-11 2015, 6-10 2010.

Compare that to Washington who actually remodeled their 90k seat stadium to a 67k stadium because of the black of how empty it looked every Sunday

blueblood70

Reaction score
Compare to their crowd capacity rank among NFL Stadiums - link and in parentheses below - and only the Seahawks stand out.

The bottom 5 teams are also all near bottom on stadium capacity except for the Browns.

Biggest stadium not to be in top 10 ticket sales is Panthers. At approx 75,000, they can hold 6th highest fan amount each week.

1. Dallas Cowboys | 1,378,743 (#3)

2. New York Jets | 1,285,956 (#1)

3. New York Giants | 1,262,352 (#1)

4. Green Bay Packers | 1,242,403 (#2)

5. Los Angeles Rams | 1,235,049 (#12)

6. Denver Broncos | 1,226,985 (#5)

7. Philadelphia Eagles | 1,223,743 (#13)

8. Kansas City Chiefs | 1,205,547 (#4)

9. Seattle Seahawks | 1,193,230 (#16)

10. Los Angeles Chargers | 1,190,939 (#12)
you do realize that sometimes teams purposely build their stadiums smaller because they know they can't fill them up and they don't want empty seats being shown on TV I don't even know if they do blackouts anymore but either way the Cowboys built the biggest stadium and still fill it up that says a lot it means the Cowboys have a big fan base and will always be able to fill the stadium up regardless of how big it is because they still have standing room only which I don't even think they count those people you know those people that stand in the little areas and have those little party passes....

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
you do realize that sometimes teams purposely build their stadiums smaller because they know they can't fill them up and they don't want empty seats being shown on TV I don't even know if they do blackouts anymore but either way the Cowboys built the biggest stadium and still fill it up that says a lot it means the Cowboys have a big fan base and will always be able to fill the stadium up regardless of how big it is because they still have standing room only which I don't even think they count those people you know those people that stand in the little areas and have those little party passes....
I’m just going off memory, but I think they count the party pass people, however, they may not count them for the capacity ranking that I listed above. But that goes for all the stadiums, because they all have special procedures to increase or decrease seating when needed. My point still stands though — that most of the attendance rankings are directly based on how big or small the stadium capacity ranks. NFL doesn’t have problems filling seats. Other sports do.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
There isn't any question that Dallas is still America's team. You aren't number one across the board in things like attendance, highest TV ratings, most merchandise sold, etc without being the most popular...and the most hated. And it isn't because of the success obviously...we haven't had playoff success since the mid 90's.

Sadly that doesn't make us one bit better where it matters. On the field. Winning Championships.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No, when it comes to attendance, it is seating capacity. And many of those fans are from the opposing teams. Because the seating capacity makes more tickets available to them. And many on the secondary market from season ticket holders, that can't always make it to the games. Or don't want to.

I read an article that 4 or 5 years ago. Dallas has more out of state season ticket holders than any other team.

What you are referring to about giving money to Jerry for an inferior product is from merchandise sales. Jerry has his money already from the season ticket holders. And it is not that easy to sell the PSL's. Mostly due to the lack of playoff success. So like most or all teams, the seats remain filled.
Some fans are always going to go to the games.
Well, overall, we were quite good at home for most of the season, so it's hard to blame fans for wanting to attend and mostly just get to enjoy blowouts.

I can understand the disappointment of the playoff loss, but fans had reason to be excited about home games this year and the streak we were on. Many of us on here are just not satisfied with that and want ownership/management to not be satisfied as much or more to the extent that it does something about it. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen. I'm just going to enjoy the moments, the journey, like I did in 2023 and keep my expectations low for anything more than that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Jerry should get more credit for this than anything else. Just having the seats doesn’t necessarily guarantee sellouts. Dallas sold out games in 6-10 2020, 5-11 2015, 6-10 2010.

Compare that to Washington who actually remodeled their 90k seat stadium to a 67k stadium because of the black of how empty it looked every Sunday
Considering the Cowboys have PSL commitments to all of their season tickets it’s not surprising at all. Fans can’t walk away and those seats are counted as sold regardless if there’s a butt in the seats .

And comparing to Wash isn’t viable since the Cowboys didn’t have consistent 5-11 or 6-10 seasons which were all directly related to their QB going down to injury rebounding the following year to the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There isn't any question that Dallas is still America's team. You aren't number one across the board in things like attendance, highest TV ratings, most merchandise sold, etc without being the most popular...and the most hated. And it isn't because of the success obviously...we haven't had playoff success since the mid 90's.

Sadly that doesn't make us one bit better where it matters. On the field. Winning Championships.
No recent success but I’d argue the popularity begun when we were having success . And it’s sustained since then because of two generation of fans who hopped on the wagon from those glory years.

And our TV audience has grown or maintained this era due more to the haters . Local broadcast in some seasons and or games here in Texas has fallen below what the norm is across the league for percentage or share of home broadcast .

No doubt though we are still most popular as merchandise sales reflect. Amazing in 2023 which is latest data I could find Dak out sold Mahomes in jersey sales . Amazing !!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m just going off memory, but I think they count the party pass people, however, they may not count them for the capacity ranking that I listed above. But that goes for all the stadiums, because they all have special procedures to increase or decrease seating when needed. My point still stands though — that most of the attendance rankings are directly based on how big or small the stadium capacity ranks. NFL doesn’t have problems filling seats. Other sports do.
Look you keep glossing it over because maybe you're not seeing the big picture they still need to fill the stadium the fact that the Cowboys can fill bigger stadiums on a regular basis Rick regardless of all the bad narratives around here about the fans needing to protest and stop going to games it's impressive that they have the biggest stadium and still sell out every week and that's why they're leading in attendance not because the stadium is bigger because they have the ability to fill it...

Other teams are scared to put bigger stadiums out there because if they can't fill it it makes them look bad so they make smaller stadiums so it looks like they're intendants are bigger see how it works it's all reciprocal...

I mean the Texas Rangers did it here in the Metroplex there were quite a few less seats in the new stadium than the old stadium and there was a reason they did it it's because they knew they don't fill up seats as well because they have all the data they need from the old stadium and you would think being indoors you'd make it bigger more people would probably come in Texas because I for one didn't go to games in the summer because it's too damn hot... But now that it's indoors you think they would add it seats but no the new stadium has less capacity because owners don't wanna see empty seats especially on TV so they want to make themselves look better by making it smaller and filling it up...

To me that's clear common sense the my view of this it's impressive that the Dallas Cowboys can fill the stadium on a consistent basis and for a decade lead the NFL in attendance you have to actually fill the seats I mean we have a jaded fan base and somehow they're still filling the seats... I mean we've had COVID and economy issues and all kinds of problems with the economy over the last four or five years you can call it inflation whatever they wanna call it nowadays and people are still feeling this big *** stadium..​