Twitter: Cowboys lead the league in Missed Tackles

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This doesn't do enough service to how bad the LBers have been. Half the time they're so far out of position that they don't even have a chance to miss the tackle.

Having said that, tackling is about effort. Missed tackles are pretty independent of coaching.

reddyuta

Reaction score
what a precipitous drop off from last year,i really cant explain such ineptness from 1 year to another.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Moving LVE from MLB was the worst move this decade. Guy went from rookie of the year candidate to down right benchable.
They're in nickel like 65% of the time. It doesn't even matter.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
How many did LVE have last year total? Seemed like maybe 1.

“I picked the wrong year to quit sniffing glue.”

CPanther95

Reaction score
One person's missed tackle is another person's tackle. Shouldn't it even out? ;)

ondaedg

Reaction score
A lot of them on 3rd down too I bet... LOL

A big part of this is teams are getting ball carriers into open space with a convoy of blockers against our smallish defense. Usually from running at our right side when Covington/Armstrong/Quinn are in there or from RB screens.

Carson

Reaction score
Every time I look at Rod Marinelli

giphy.gif

A big part of this is teams are getting ball carriers into open space with a convoy of blockers against our smallish defense. Usually from running at our right side when Covington/Armstrong/Quinn are in there or from RB screens.

A lot of people tend to miss this.

These guys get way too many snaps a game.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
This defense looks slow and theyre always a step behind
Seems like they are always on their heels waiting for the offense to dictate to them what's going to happen instead of attacking the other teams offense. For me, it is more of a scheme issue than it is an indictment on the players. Yes, they shouldn't be missing so many tackles, but when you are in wait and see mode it puts you a step behind.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Every time I look at Rod Marinelli

giphy.gif

A lot of people tend to miss this.

These guys get way too many snaps a game.
None of them were ever supposed to. People forget how important T Crawford was to this defnese.

This has nothing to do with coaching, DL...anything. It's got everything to do with the fact that Jaylon can't recognize anything. I have gripes with Marinelli, but what are you supposed to do when you're playing this shorthanded. This is pathetic LB play.

Creeper

Reaction score
None of them were ever supposed to. People forget how important T Crawford was to this defnese.

This has nothing to do with coaching, DL...anything. It's got everything to do with the fact that Jaylon can't recognize anything. I have gripes with Marinelli, but what are you supposed to do when you're playing this shorthanded. This is pathetic LB play.

Was the Jaylon's responsibility? or was it the safety coming up? Not defending Jaylon, I think recognition is a weakness with that guy but on that play it looked like he was playing the middle of the field. It could be a screwup on his part too or not knowing where he was supposed to be. This is a dumb team in my opinion. But then again, getting guys open in the flat seems to happen a lot to Dallas so maybe it is the LBs responsibility.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Was the Jaylon's responsibility? or was it the safety coming up? Not defending Jaylon, I think recognition is a weakness with that guy but on that play it looked like he was playing the middle of the field. It could be a screwup on his part too or not knowing where he was supposed to be. This is a dumb team in my opinion. But then again, getting guys open in the flat seems to happen a lot to Dallas so maybe it is the LBs responsibility.
I don't think his responsibility is the flat, but he is painfully slow to react AND takes a horrible angle.