Twitter: Cowboys lead the league in Missed Tackles

ondaedg

Reaction score
Leading the league in missed field goals and missed tackles is probably not a good thing.

Gotta be Dak's fault. Or maybe Zeke.

Leading the league in fewest INTs and lowest kick return avg too. So much winning!

Lutonio

Reaction score
In-game analysts would say this garbage all the time at the start of the seaaon.

"The strength of this Dallas defense is how they swarm the ball. Look at the effort!"

I never saw effort. I saw players arriving late after failing to originally make a play, over pursuing, and coming in without any control.

TwelfthStar

Reaction score
When Jeff Heath (even when taking his injuries into account) fails to crack the top 7, THAT'S when you know the problem is THIS bad.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Too much arm tackling and playing too much far off ppl. This D would improve so much if they was solid tacklers like a few years back.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Our linebackers are so bad. The way they were being talked up, and they embarrass the team and fan base like this.

Worse yet, we're stuck with Smith for a couple more seasons.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That’s interesting. What was the story on Richard leaving Seattle?

Seattle's defense got a lot less aggressive under him. The excuse around the time was that he was working with aging and injured players from the legion of boom era - while this was probably partly true, I think we are seeing now during his DB coach days, it was more along the fact that he was gifted with a secondary with HOF-level players at nearly every position.

You don't go from 3 years as a defensive coordinator, to be let go, and then reverting back to your old position if you didn't mess up along the way. He probably should have taken a HC job last offseason, because he hasn't helped himself this year.

cowboyec

Reaction score
thats the #1 reason why I don't want anyone from this def staff back next season.
our tacklin' has been an embarassment this yr.
fire'm all:thumbdown:

blueblood70

Reaction score
thats the #1 reason why I don't want anyone from this def staff back next season.
our tacklin' has been an embarassment this yr.
fire'm all:thumbdown:
lmao so I guess from peewee to middle, high, college, and now PAID as Pro they all need to be taught to tackle?

technically this is NOT coaches job, they teach scheme, instruct where they are supposed to be and why..they put players in positions to run the defense the way they want.. they dont teach how to hold a ball, throw a ball, or the basics,,im sure they know this stuff..

this is players not getting to their spots on time and then using bad technique..like penaltys coaches dont teach this stuff you know how to play or you dont..they can go to them and tell them to clean that chat up but im thinking these millionaire NFL players came in knowing how to tackle..its about effort sometimes and being a step behind creates some bad tackling..

cowboyec

Reaction score
lmao so I guess from peewee to middle, high, college, and now PAID as Pro they all need to be taught to tackle?

technically this is NOT coaches job, they teach scheme, instruct where they are supposed to be and why..they put players in positions to run the defense the way they want.. they dont teach how to hold a ball, throw a ball, or the basics,,im sure they know this stuff..

this is players not getting to their spots on time and then using bad technique..like penaltys coaches dont teach this stuff you know how to play or you dont..they can go to them and tell them to clean that chat up but im thinking these millionaire NFL players came in knowing how to tackle..its about effort sometimes and being a step behind creates some bad tackling..
so......the coaches don't see this crap on film and address it......got it.

Creeper

Reaction score
Well you're not accounting for 67 of the missed tackles but so I'm sure that would add up to a lot of yards along with the 37 you're talking about

I only counted the LBs misses because a miss is at least an attempt to tackle. That's a plus for our secondary.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
One person's missed tackle is another person's tackle. Shouldn't it even out? ;)
It should, unless the misses all happen on the same play and usually on third down so the tackle may show up on the stat sheet but still be too-little, too-late.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
How did I know LVE was leading the team in missed tackles... he’s been awful when he’s played. I’m surprised Jaylon Smith doesn’t have more missed tackles but then I remembered he’s probably not even in the right place to make a tackle to begin with..

Our lbs are trash.