Cowboys looking for veteran S help

DFWJC

Reaction score
Don't know why our front office love so much drama...........just sign Earl and be done with it (lol)
I think it means they DON'T want drama.
:laugh:
Specifically McCarthy

Truthfully, it wouldn't surprise me if we got him. They have been more quiet about these things lately
It's probably up to Big Mac

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Is SJ being coy? Is he trying to make ET's agent call him?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I came on here to suggest Logan Ryan but then saw that he has signed with the Giants. :mad:

That’s the guy that I wanted. Really good and very, very smart. I hate to see he went to NY.

******t!
Egxv24PXkAA7tdH

Carson

Reaction score
Is SJ being coy? Is he trying to make ET's agent call him?

Oh you the Jones.

Well you know we like our guys. But we will look to upgrade. But we definitely don’t think we will have to upgrade because we like our guys. But we definitely have to find some veteran help. But our guys are who we like lol

quickccc

Reaction score
Morgan Burnett is my guess

Morgan Burnett is 31 years old and may not have recovered from a severe Achilles Heel injury he suffered some time back in 2019.
He could still be in a recovery sense, he could well be another case of Eric Berry who suffered same injury and simply never recovered.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Where are all you people that wanted to trade like a 2nd or even a 3rd at most for Adams because safeties dont matter?

Why all the freak out now? You can just run anyone out there right?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I can see that, but I'd have to think they gave up some leverage by cutting Clinton-Dix first.

The only potential upside to letting Dix go early is someone shopping for a S picks him. I don't like the move. Seems dumb.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
2 year contract? 1st year mainly game day active bonuses, 2nd year an option year so we recover a comp pick from him if we want to move on.

Good solution for us, really. As bad as we are at S, XWoods is a free agent next year, and apparently Donovan Wilson isn't lighting the world on fire either.

We've got nothing, and the best of our nothing is gone next year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Understand this is an attempt at sarcasm but what is stopping us from signing Earl? Either he signs here or doesn’t play this season most likely.

That no one else wants him should be a red flag but this place has been drooling over the guy for so long they don't realize it's not 2014 anymore.

LittleD

Reaction score
Earl is not coming to Dallas. It looks like he has burned all his bridges and no team will sign him for guaranteed money. Thompson is the new Heath clone and will hold the fort until
the next chump comes along. Dallas FO does not value safeties and all you should know that by now.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones: Cowboys To Explore 'All Avenues' At Safety

jo2b44zpjpedrrjbxuc9

After veteran Ha Ha Clinton-Dix s release Thursday, Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones said the team will be on the lookout to improve at the safety position as the regular season draws closer.

Read Full Story

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
2 year contract? 1st year mainly game day active bonuses, 2nd year an option year so we recover a comp pick from him if we want to move on.

Good solution for us, really. As bad as we are at S, XWoods is a free agent next year, and apparently Donovan Wilson isn't lighting the world on fire either.

We've got nothing, and the best of our nothing is gone next year.

1 year, veteran minimum, no guaranteed money. Take it or leave it. No one else is bidding for his services.

Aven8

Reaction score
The only potential upside to letting Dix go early is someone shopping for a S picks him. I don't like the move. Seems dumb.

Dix must have sucked big time. We’ve heard rumors but it must have been pretty sad. I mean his Ex Coach let him go early.