Cowboys looking for veteran S help

Ebnorice

Reaction score
I just think we need to stop overthinking here.

All the REAL issues of not signing Thomas have just evaporated.

1) we have an answer in HaHa Dix already

Wrong..he failed.

2) it will cost us a high draft pick to get him.

Wrong..no picks involved.

3) he will want too much money

Wrong. After another change of teams, his price drops with each change

4) we don't have the cap

Wrong. Of course we do. McCoy released now Clinton Dix.

Rough guess we saved about $3mil each on the cap. Somebody can posted when they know.

Make that work by adding another $6 mil in incentives. Rework Crawford and Zeke if needed.

If they do a 2 year deal, they can spread the cap hit over 2 years, know?

This looks like what we have been waiting for.
Earl could still be thinking he is worth more then he is. This may be why he has not signed. He could be still asking for big money and years. It’s not like the guy seems super level headed.

That said I hope Dallas signs him to a cheap contract.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I have an idea! Let's see if the Chiefs would want to trade Juan Thornhill for Trysten Hill.

My god....if we didn't have Marinelli to mess things up we would not have been in this situation in the first.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Donavan Wilson? He's been a playmaker when given a chance. Is he having a poor camp?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
A week to go, and our defense still isn’t working.

Linguist/Harris should have said something sooner.

if they did, did Nolan listen?

or Big Mike?

fix it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thinking the Cowboys will sign ET. MM seems like the kind of coach who has a good feel of the locker room and can manage that area well. He's not going to put up with a malcontent if that's what ET is. It just makes too much sense not to sign him. We need him and he needs us.

It's kind of like our relationship.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It's not surprising to see Haha being release as we heard him running with the 2's in camp, just too expensive as a backup to keep. I'm not a fan of Thompson, much rather see what we have in Wilson or even Robinson for that matter. Thompson being a veteran will most likely have him starting come next sunday, but let's hope he is just holding the spot warm until the staff is comfortable giving a young prospect the opportunity.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I have an idea! Let's see if the Chiefs would want to trade Juan Thornhill for Trysten Hill.

My god....if we didn't have Marinelli to mess things up we would not have been in this situation in the first.
A lot of blame to go around on that one, not just Marinade.
It was a panic pick cause of that Rams playoff game - thing is DL take time to develop, never mind a project like Hill that had attitude issues.

Marinade didn't have final say on the pick - I'm assuming McClay,Steven and Jerry did.

cern

Reaction score
the front office does not want any malcontents influencing the young players. ergo, no thomas.