Cowboys lose wife leaves after 40 years

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Sorry man. Divorce at any point is tough but your situation is at another level. I knew of another couple where that same situation happened. She did not last 2 years after his accident. God bless you. And her.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
dear Zoners----Cowboys lose in dramatic sickening fashion and my wife and marriage of 40 years

get the big D....not not dallas Divorce papers.......i am blaming Jerry and Stephen for that too

sincerely
GORICO
Sorry to hear that RICO, its a bumpy ride but try and stay strong and positive, and if you need to come here and vent.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Sorry man. Divorce at any point is tough but your situation is at another level. I knew of another couple where that same situation happened. She did not last 2 years after his accident. God bless you. And her.
Vows were broken by his wife and the couple you know. I don't have respect for people who break their word

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Sounds somewhat amicable or at the very least that he’s taking it in stride. Not sure why folks feel the need to plant seeds of bitterness and betrayal.

Stay up Gorico.

rags747

Reaction score
long time coming....i am really crippled and need help and poor woman got burned out....dont blame her one bit....she hung in there 34 years of me being paralyzed and we raised a family and they are now married

with children.....my wife deserves some rest and a break.....that is the good side.....have to realize hard for Philipino wife to divorce husband.....but they have no problem making you wish you were dead

i am kinda heart-broken and yet relieved same time.....life not always a rose garden...or maybe it is...and we just fell into a bunch of thorns?
I found this quote super interesting and probably true!
“have to realize hard for Philipino wife to divorce husband.....but they have no problem making you wish you were dead”.
Hang in there budd, I have found that everything always works out for the best.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I found this quote super interesting and probably true!
“have to realize hard for Philipino wife to divorce husband.....but they have no problem making you wish you were dead”.
Hang in there budd, I have found that everything always works out for the best.

thanks rags appreciate it

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am sorry you are going thru this but keep you head up. Things will work out for the best.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I just saw this thread. Sorry to hear about your marriage and health troubles. It’s tough being on your own after being with someone so long. Hang in there. You are in my thoughts…

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
dear Zoners----Cowboys lose in dramatic sickening fashion and my wife and marriage of 40 years

get the big D....not not dallas Divorce papers.......i am blaming Jerry and Stephen for that too

sincerely
GORICO

Do you think it had anything to do with your plat guarantee backfiring or did you start one for the opener?

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it GORICO.

I know how you feel, my wife of 13 years who I'd known all my adult life decided on a change of scenery herself quite suddenly at the end of last year. Even after all these months and me dating someone new now I can't quite wrap my head around what happened and she ain't really talking (or dating anyone as far as I've seen).

It all sucks. You have my sympathy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am sorry for your situation, marriage and complications, but I am grateful for your perspective about your wife.

Bitterness is a poison that weakens the host and none of us are qualified to assess you and your wife’s life together and raising a family accept to know 40 years is a long time for a marriage and this was probably a very difficult place for her to reach.

Good thoughts for you and your family and may the rough water smooth out for you.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I am sorry for your situation, marriage and complications, but I am grateful for your perspective about your wife.

Bitterness is a poison that weakens the host and none of us are qualified to assess you and your wife’s life together and raising a family accept to know 40 years is a long time for a marriage and this was probably a very difficult place for her to reach.

Good thoughts for you and your family and may the rough water smooth out for you.

I really like this statement. Well said…

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having your wife leave after all those years sucks. I know first-hand. My wife left me while my daughter and I were out of town. On Mother's Day, 2016 I came home to a nearly empty house. A marriage of 32 years down the drain. The last few years our marriage wasn't the greatest, but I assumed when you're married for that long it was just the way it was going to be. When she left me, she was the judge, jury, and executioner of what she wanted and what she didn't want is what I got to keep. That bit still irritates me even six years later.

I was devastated. The first few days I don't think I saw color. It seemed everything was gray. I tried just about everything to get her back, but her mind was made up. Fast forward to now and my life is completely different. I met, and married, a truly wonderful woman. She is 180 degrees opposite of my ex-wife.

I know our circumstances are very different, but the saying about time healing wounds is true. When my ex-wife and I talk now I have absolutely no feelings for her. None. She even told me a couple of years after our split she knew she made a mistake and hoped we could somehow get back together. I didn't say anything, but I wanted to laugh in her face. I don't think she thought I would be able to move on so quickly after our divorce. I figured I had emotionally spent everything I had to get back together, and it didn't change a thing. She still pressed on with the divorce. In my mind it was time to move on and stop dwelling on it.

GORICO, keep your chin up. Take pride you had a long marriage. I sure there were a lot of good times in your years together. The hurt will eventually ease.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The saying "time heals all wounds" is incomplete and untrue left like that.

I lost my wife to illness after 42 years and I was devastated and basically on auto pilot for too long and actually had time lapses when I could not recall details of what had happened, including driving from OK to Dallas, I would just be there. I can relate to Jammer's gray reference but I do feel the need to add to the time thing, based on experience.

"Time heals all wounds when you clear the path for healing". Time needs help.

I just waited for time to do its thing, like one day I would awaken and everything would be OK. Time, why aren't you working? Because I had not helped time, I was hovering in place in some sort of limbo. Pulled by the past and fearful of the future, I had no present.

My closest friend in PA lost his wife several years after I did and he asked me if I could help him get through it. I simply replied "yes, by telling you everything I did wrong and the missed opportunities to begin to heal".

The best advice I can give anyone going though loss, and divorce certainly qualifies as that, is get help. Talk to family, friends, clergy or professionals because it is not a sign of weakness to let others in. The warning to that is make sure they do not hold you in that place in time and they help move you forward. And commiserating with you is a stall to time. Make sure all obstacles to time are removed and it will do its job.

Praxit

Reaction score
..oh man, Gorico. Really sorry to hear, man. That fact you lasted 40 yrs, is ALMOST unheard of these days.

I've been married for 31 yrs. SO believe me, I know the challenges.

Best of luck to you. The future will continue to be a mystery. You get one shot at this, make it count. :)..

GO>>> Dallas >>>>>