Cowboys lost a major fan

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will not criticize the child. I stopped being a 76ers fan after Charles Barkley and Philadelphia parted ways. The realization hit me that my appreciation for a player exceeded that of the team. It was kinda awkward suddenly knowing after all that time following the team exactly what kind of fan I was deep down considering it is a team sport.

Of course, it was likely better for me coping with Barkley’s exit since I was in my twenties at the time. :laugh:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If that is Dez Bryant's leveraging tool, he may never play again. Having fans is fine, but production pays the bills.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Looks like the kid was a Dez fan, not a Cowboys fan, so the Cowboys didn't lose a major fan.

Hey, he's a kid, later in life he'll probably learn to understand the difference between being a fan of a team and a fan of a player.

I was one of the biggest Landry fans there was, and was very ticked off when Jerry fired him, and still am for that matter, but I'm still a Cowboys fan first and foremost. Does that mean I don't care about the players? Of course no, that's who is on the field and play the game, but it's a young man's sport overall, eventually every player retires or is cut, you find new favorites to watch....

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I will not criticize the child. I stopped being a 76ers fan after Charles Barkley and Philadelphia parted ways. The realization hit me that my appreciation for a player exceeded that of the team. It was kinda awkward suddenly knowing after all that time following the team exactly what kind of fan I was deep down considering it is a team sport.

Of course, it was likely better for me coping with Barkley’s exit since I was in my twenties at the time. :laugh:

wow a 76ers and a Cowboys fan thats an odd combo. I always grew up a Phillys team fan , but then again Im a city boy.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
wow a 76ers and a Cowboys fan thats an odd combo. I always grew up a Phillys team fan , but then again Im a city boy.

I was born and grew up in East Texas about 200 miles from Dallas, but was also a big Celtics fan when Bird, Parrish, Johnson and MacHale were playing, when they left I lost a lot of enthusiasm for the team, but picked it up a bit again when Garnett came to the team. Now once again not a big fan, but I don't hate the team, what players you like come and go, maybe one day the Celts will take someone I will like a lot and I'll be a fan again...

kskboys

Reaction score
Man, if you leave because of a salary cap casualty.....................

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think that is odd? This little old northeast Louisiana country boy was a fan of the Dallas Cowboys (NFL), New York Yankees (MLB), Philadelphia 76ers (NBA) and New York Islanders (NHL) early on in my life for a number of years.

No NBA team has ever attracted my loyalty after the Philly/Barkley split. I am still an Islanders fan but my appreciation has honestly waned a lot over the years. Luckily for me, my devotion for the Cowboys and Yankees remains as high as it has ever been.

That is good for me since I never was really a fan of professional individual sports athletes like Tiger Woods, Serena Williams, etc. I respect such players but not to the point where I felt the need to cheer for them 24/7.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
What people fail to realize is that he's just a KID!!! He looked up to Dez, for whatever reason, so this one hurt. Wish I could go back to that age and enjoy watching football without a care in the world.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have three sons between age 29-34. They were Cowboys fans as kids. They watched Cowboys games with me every week and they all have fond memories of those times.

But in 2018, none of them are Cowboys or NFL fans. They think the Cowboys are a complete joke. And they find the NFL “boring”. My youngest son hasn’t even watched a play from a Cowboys game in over 5 years.

The answer why they don’t care anymore boils down to one thing: Jerry. They all think as long as he’s running things it’s a waste of time to even care.

So there’s 3 former fans lost. I think they may come back someday.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I have three sons between age 29-34. They were Cowboys fans as kids. They watched Cowboys games with me every week and they all have fond memories of those times.

But in 2018, none of them are Cowboys or NFL fans. They think the Cowboys are a complete joke. And they find the NFL “boring”. My youngest son hasn’t even watched a play from a Cowboys game in over 5 years.

The answer why they don’t care anymore boils down to one thing: Jerry. They all think as long as he’s running things it’s a waste of time to even care.

So there’s 3 former fans lost. I think they may come back someday.

Compared to my teams of the 70s they are a complete joke . Those teams made the Cowboys relevant to this day . The coach and players are unforgettable and probably the only reason if you can call it that I still follow them today .

Your sons are right it is a waste of time to even care with Jerry at the helm but I admit I became so invested in the 70s I cant save myself from myself even though I know its just an exercise in frustration. There is only about 5 players I even like on the team the rest have baggage and I tolerate . Its bad when the kicker is the player you would most hate to see leave .

Its like he and Witten are the only dependable things we have going .

cowboyec

Reaction score
I know I had that reaction when Herschel got traded...not gonna lie.

and its a damn good thing nobody filmed me the day Coach got fired.

Proof

Reaction score
I didn’t give you permission to post this. I was just a little emotional