Twitter: Cowboys LT Tyron Smith named second-team All-Pro

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Lots of guys from the NFC West...guess that's what happens when the entire division sucks so bad for so long

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
1 sack on 629 pass protection snaps.

He was the best in the NFL this year in that regard.

In fact, I'm a little ticked that Peters got such high marks considering he gave up 3 more than Tyron on 75 less snaps.

The name game, I guess.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Peters is really over rated but that is the way it is on the O line all too often. Guys get in on rep. BUT usually the ALL PRO is more legit then the Pro Bowl.

Tyron is going to be right there for the next 10 years. Frankly he is the ONE guy on this team now I would pay the absolute premium to keep.

perrykemp

Reaction score
He is everything you hope for when you invest a Top 10 overall (he went 9th) pick on a offensive tackle.

This is why, if you aren't going to make the playoffs, losing a bunch of games can improve the talent level.

Questfor6

Reaction score
How does Dan Bailey get snubbed? He missed what 1 FG this yr and that was like week 2 or 3 smh...

joseephuss

Reaction score
How does Dan Bailey get snubbed? He missed what 1 FG this yr and that was like week 2 or 3 smh...

He missed two. He finished 12th in FGs made. Of course he was only ranked 14th in FGs attempted.

Tucker of the Ravens had a great year. He was tied for most FGs made with 38(Bailey had 28). He had 41 attempts. The Ravens scored a total of 320 points ranking 25th. Without Tucker the Ravens would have finished even worse in scoring. Compare that to Gostkowski of the Patriots who also went 38 of 41 in FGs. The Patriots finished 3rd in scoring. Without Gostkowski they would have still been okay.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Peters is really over rated but that is the way it is on the O line all too often. Guys get in on rep. BUT usually the ALL PRO is more legit then the Pro Bowl.

Tyron is going to be right there for the next 10 years. Frankly he is the ONE guy on this team now I would pay the absolute premium to keep.

That seems to be the way it is with OLmen and DTs. Once they establish a name for themselves, they pretty much make it to the Pro Bowl/All Pro teams on name recognition alone. I know Ratliff made it like 4-5 years in a row even when he didn't have necessarily amazing seasons. I think it's because those guys don't really get "stats" so it's hard for casual fans to really critique them. They just vote for recognizable names. And when it comes to DEs, LBers and CBs, they just vote for whoever has the most sacks, tackles and INTs.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

You'd be surprised how many great kickers there are this season. I think there are 11 guys with 90% completion percentage or higher. And another 11 guys with 80% and up. Then there are 10 guys with 70% and up (Washington had two punters this year). And the ONLY guy with below 70% is Mr. 1st Round Janikowski.

Nation

Reaction score
One guys QB threw to him, the other didn't.

Both were peppered with targets. According to ProFootballFocus, Brown had 159 Targets, Dez had 156. Brown had 8 drops and no fumbles. Dez had 11 drops and 3 fumbles.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Robert Quinn was named an All-Pro. Justin Houston made the pro bowl.

Both were invisible when we played them. Tyron dominated the best of the best.

Reactions: JPM

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a relief to finally have a solid OLT on the roster again. And to think he is only 23 years old.

(Now Jerry needs to find his bookend)

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Congrats to Ty. Well deserved of course and I expect a few more in his career. Surprised Dez didn't make Second Team too.

Proximo

Reaction score
Good for Tyron, dude's a beast.

Remember a few games into last season there was actually a portion of the fan base calling his move to the left side a mistake and even declaring him a bust? Patience is indeed a virtue people.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good for Tyron, dude's a beast.

Remember a few games into last season there was actually a portion of the fan base calling his move to the left side a mistake and even declaring him a bust? Patience is indeed a virtue people.

Tyron had a good year. Young, dumb, and full of fight. Smart, too.

Actually the whole line did good this season, and I think when the guards help, Tyron Beard with Waters that are Free...? Tyron deserves it.

(Dallas Cowboys)

blackbull

Reaction score
So were counting the billion times dez toasted people only to have ducks thrown to him as targets? Lol the romo crap never ends. From TO to Dez. Maybe we need Calvin here to see him disappear in multiple games and get over/under thrown for the obvious to be seen.

joseephuss

Reaction score
So were counting the billion times dez toasted people only to have ducks thrown to him as targets? Lol the romo crap never ends. From TO to Dez. Maybe we need Calvin here to see him disappear in multiple games and get over/under thrown for the obvious to be seen.

It is very early in the year, but this gets my vote for dumbest post of 2014.

blackbull

Reaction score
Truth hurts. Take those target numbers and stick it somewhere.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Truth hurts. Take those target numbers and stick it somewhere.

The truth actually doesn't hurt especially when you haven't said anything that is true. The truth that was shared was the number of times Dallas targeted Dez Bryant.